This will be probably the turning point on deciding what amp i want. Which is a better speaker in general, for Blues (Clean and distorted), Classic Rock, Jazz, Funk etc.
The V30 might be the most overrated speaker on the market. it's certainly decent, but it's nothing close to the be-all and end-all some players make it out to be. It's generally preferred by metal players, meaning it's probably not great for you.

The Alnico Blue is a great classic rock speaker, and really expensive. It's a big part of the classic AC30 sound.

These two speakers are very different. The V30's rated for 60W, the A-B's rated for 15W. The V30 is somewhat transparent, while the A-B really colors your tone. There are less expensive speakers out there that probably suit your needs better than either of these. Sticking with Celestions, the Greenback comes to mind. If you venture off to other brands, the list is endless.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
May I ask what are you getting?

I have a Rocker 30 which had a V30 in it. I agree with Slats, V30s are VERY overrated. They have a very muddy midrange and spikk-ey biting treble. So I changed the speaker to an Eminence Red Fang (Alnico Blue copy) and it has nice highs, being quite bright, it's still quite "soft" and not biting treble. Very smooth mids and based and great for what you play. I also recommend the Greenbacks or possibly the H30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by slatsmania
The V30 might be the most overrated speaker on the market. it's certainly decent, but it's nothing close to the be-all and end-all some players make it out to be. It's generally preferred by metal players, meaning it's probably not great for you.

agreed. especially at volume, it's very aggressive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?