i recently bought a bc rich nt warlock and its absolutly perfect for me. its one of the best ive played but i have a major problem. I CANT PLAY IT STANDING UP! everytime i do the damn thing just slides down. its a huge pain in the ass and its almost impossible to play standing up. ive thought about changing where the strap buttons are but im not sure where to put them. has anybody had this problem? if so please help me out because i want to play it at an upcoming gig but i cant if i dont get this problem straightened out. thanks in advance for your imput.
do you mean that the head falls down so it sits like horizontal rather than up at an angle? if thats what you mean i have the same problem with my friends warlock.

unfortunately i didnt really find a solution, i just raised the strap a bit and tried to keep the neck tilted upwards as best i could
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
You'll get used to it.

Jus hold up the neck with your hand - its jus like playin a bass
Craig got it half way right with the straps.

It's also gonna be about how you position your hands I'm afraid, which means it could take some time to get familiar with it. Just play solidly for a while so your arms adjust to it, I had the same problem playing with my mates ( just as Craig ) but after a couple of hours of playing and adjusting the strap it felt very comfortable and stayed up right.

- Wolfen
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
yeah, it falls down horizontal its terrible. it garbage that you have you use force to keep you guitar at an angle. thats ridiculous, i never wouldve bought it if i knew i couldnt play it standing up. its a great guitar but god this sucks.
now see that is why you should try it standing to beofre buying lol
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
it wouldnt have mattered, ive had it for about a month without any problems but now im noticing how bad it is to play standing up.
Just get a good leather strap that'll grip your shoulders.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Just get a wide strap with a little friction. My warlock balances perfectly for me, though it does become a tad horizontal so I sometmes wedge my leg in te space between the lower horn.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Warlocks are fine to play standing up...

Get a good thick mother****in' strap and you'll be good to go...

Also, harden the **** up and play your guitar...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
When I had a Warlock, to play standing up, I would rest my forearm of my pick hand naturally on the body. So essentially, my forearm was holding up the guitar because it was pushing down the body bringing the neck up.
Dick ^^^^

That is the stupidist thing ever, and will cause cramps etc...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
I have a warlock it seems fine i play standing up its weight is equally balenced between the neck and the body its great for standing up... And its really light like a feather great sound to... also I have a nylon strap...
Last edited by V/H at Apr 24, 2009,
thats usually the problem most people have when they buy a bc rich guitar, for some reason they place the strap pegs almost directly horizontal from each other, this is because of the shapes they make, you'll just have to buy a better strap and angle it on your shoulder yourself. It'll be fine once you just find that perfect position.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
leather strap

those guitars have seriously terrible balance and on guitars with bad balance i find that nylon straps dont work cause they tend to have poor grip

A leather strap on the other hand has a lot more grip and thus should solve the problem
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC