Looking for a multi track and mics to record my own little solo projects I'm working on. I'm doing a lot of drony type shoegaze stuff along with some 60s oriented type brian jonestown massacre influenced stuff. I need at least 8 tracks on the multi tracks, Ive thought about getting an MXL 990 and possibly an SM57 for mics. so yeah, recommendations are nice i suppose.
I can't really recommend anything, but props on the shoegaze music.

shoegaze really needs to have a comeback

EDIT:actually, I can recommend something

if you're comfortable using Ebay, you should get your mics from there. You should look into the MXL 990/991 package because I was able to get both mics off of ebay for $55USD, and i believe the MXL990 alone is $70.

Also you could easily get a Shure SM57 or SM58 for $50 using ebay. If you're going to be doing vocals, the 58 is very good, and the 57 sounds great on a snare drum.
Last edited by curlyhead_P at Dec 1, 2007,
sm57s are one of the best microphones ever made, yet they are crazy cheap
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
you don't need a multi track. all you need is a preamp, a relatively good mic, and the correct software on your computer (something like Cool Edit Pro or Audacity).
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
Quote by FreeManson15
Looking for a multi track and mics to record my own little solo projects I'm working on. I'm doing a lot of drony type shoegaze stuff along with some 60s oriented type brian jonestown massacre influenced stuff. I need at least 8 tracks on the multi tracks, Ive thought about getting an MXL 990 and possibly an SM57 for mics. so yeah, recommendations are nice i suppose.

if you have not read though this already...:
http://studio-central.com/multi_track_recorders.htm

Quote by guitargod5
sm57s are one of the best microphones ever made, yet they are crazy cheap

actually there is no "best mic" but its a good standard for the price range.
for micing cabs and drums i say its good but its only OK for vocals.

look though this as well:
http://www.tweakheadz.com/microphones_for_the_home_studio.htm

For vocals the Studio Projects B1 is a great choice and for a nice overall pack at cheap I can say try a used 990/991 by MXL.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 1, 2007,
Quote by curlyhead_P
I can't really recommend anything, but props on the shoegaze music.

shoegaze really needs to have a comeback

EDIT:actually, I can recommend something

if you're comfortable using Ebay, you should get your mics from there. You should look into the MXL 990/991 package because I was able to get both mics off of ebay for $55USD, and i believe the MXL990 alone is $70.

Also you could easily get a Shure SM57 or SM58 for $50 using ebay. If you're going to be doing vocals, the 58 is very good, and the 57 sounds great on a snare drum.

haha thank you for the recomendations,and thank god someonstill appreciates shoegaze.