Pit, I need your help. And no, this is not about my penis. I have to do a 1200 word assignment on Shakespeare's Macbeth. We got a couple of questions which were to incorporate in the text and we had to think of one main question ourselves. I decided on the influence of Macbeth on modern films. The problem is that my knowledge of films is quite lacking.

What films employ:
- a change of personality, from good to evil, and vice versa?
- a woman influencing a man to do bad things?
- blood as a metaphore for guilt?
- dramatic irony? An example from the play is that the witches tell Macbeth he won't be killed by anyone born from a woman. He gets killed by a guy from C-section (because apparantly you're not born from a woman then :confused.
- Predictions?
- parties which are not specifically good or bad?

For the first I thought Scarface could work and for the predictions I thought of the Matrix with the Oracle.

Thanks, and does anyone know if Stellarlegs is still around?
1 = Star Warz
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
The Count of Monte Cristo.

Best line in Macbeth:
"What, you egg! Young fry of treachery!"
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I remember in the Chronicles of Riddick, there was this dude's girlfriend or wife who was trying to get him to kill the Necromunger leader so he could be king....or something like that.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
All gangster movies?
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
King Lear has MASSIVE dramtic irony.... it's just sickening how much there is of it...
hue
Quote by Saje
I remember in the Chronicles of Riddick, there was this dude's girlfriend or wife who was trying to get him to kill the Necromunger leader so he could be king....or something like that.

That was a good movie.

I dunno... maybe LOTR?, no tha was a book first, so I'm not sure if that would work...
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by sock_demon
King Lear has MASSIVE dramtic irony.... it's just sickening how much there is of it...

I don't think that one Shakespeare play influencing another Shakespeare play makes for a good essay.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Mystic River, especially the end -- Annabeth IS Lady Macbeth.

Throne of Blood -- Akira Kurosawa's version of Macbeth.
Can't stop the signal.
i dunno if I'm right, but

a change from good to evil: event horizon, doctor weir(sp?) changing from being good to a murderous servant of the ship.

an i can't think of anymore at the moment
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
I'll give you an update of what I came up with: For the last one I picked Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels. Because all parties in that film have a sense of badness in them. I forgot to add the supernatural in my question, but for that I picked Trainspotting because of the hallucinating (the guidebook I have says hallucinations are supernatural).

I'm still looking into your suggestions.
Quote by frankv

- dramatic irony? An example from the play is that the witches tell Macbeth he won't be killed by anyone born from a woman. He gets killed by a guy from C-section (because apparantly you're not born from a woman then :confused.

LOTR 3.

Witch King: No man can kill me.
Girl: *Stab* I am no man!
Witch King: Damn Nigguh... Didn't see that comin'...
Merry: Chun... in a bun.
Theoden: Ouch... *Dies*
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..