View poll results: Do you air guitar?
Yes
72 48%
No
22 15%
Sometimes
55 37%
Voters: 149.
So the other day i was listening to my music, while air guitaring at the same time. My brother saw me and started laughing at me and was like, "Why do you air guitar, now that you have a real guitar?" and I didnt really have an answer so i punched him in the face

But then later i was thinking, i usually air guitar because something is too hard for me to play or my guitar is not near. Im not like those people who know nothing about air guitar and pretend to hold the fretboard and strum.

And we all know that air guitaring on stage is unforgiveable.

So the question, UG, is do you air guitar?

Or air bass or drums whatever
Well, do you think air is natural? I do. So, to me, air guitar is natural.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
I love air guitar. I really get a kick out of seeing someone wailing away in a car. Oblivious to the fact that dozens of other people are laughing at them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
There are these 2 penguins at the Central Park Zoo who air guitar..

And if animals do it, it must be natural.
yea man, air guitar is awesome, especially if you get the right song. Lately ive gotten into the air drumming though....
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by The Spoon
I didnt really have an answer so i punched him in the face

dude i lol'd as soon as i read that, you sir are my new hero

and yes i air guitar all the time, i even head bang while doing it...sometimes i even go , for changing effects, and also i wah wah a lot while im listening to some metallica(typical kirk hammett solos), but the coolest thing is when you do an air dive bomb and make orgasmic faces in the middle of your history class, an you see everyone staring at you, YEP!
Its a serious question though, i just saw the title for that homosexuality thread and i thought i could make the same thing about air guitar
I love it. I play air every instrument. I even do air stand up comedy.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I do sometimes. I more often headbang or go crazy than air guitar.
It's gonna be a blue day
don't parodee mi thred, idyut.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I like to "air" everything. I have an air guitar, an air bass, a kit of air drums, an air piano, an air banjo, and an air organ...
Quote by The Spoon
I didnt really have an answer so i punched him in the face

Firsts on sigging!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
When I'm listening to thrash, which I usually do, I get this thing where I strum the rhythm parts with my right hand. It's fun, with fast triplets and stuff.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
I pretended to play guitar on a Sword Once, among other things. I think its fun cuz i cant Jump around and do all the Crazy stuff while maintaning my playing on a real guitar.
I air guitar and air bass whenever I don't have my guitars nearby.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
The Bible says

And Jesus said unto the people, and know thee that I am the greatest of all air guitarists for I rocketh harder than thou. And then he like totally let rip with this sick air guitar solo and he was like "**** yeah" and we were like "DUUUDE!" And he was all like "I know man I'm freakin Jesus"

so yeah its natural
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by The Spoon
and I didnt really have an answer so i punched him in the face

I air guitar a lot when I listen to music with my friends. I only do it when I actually know how to play the song, though.
Quote by AngelOfHatred

I air guitar a lot when I listen to music with my friends. I only do it when I actually know how to play the song, though.

But its funner to do when you dont know the song cuz then you can just wiggle your fingers around randomly (well if they shred or something that is)

I like to do it to songs i know too though
Quote by SHEEM
I like to "air" everything. I have an air guitar, an air bass, a kit of air drums, an air piano, an air banjo, and an air organ...

Air Supply?
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
my little brother air guitars. i don't mind it, don't annoy me or anything but he air guitars to a song that he can actually play on a real guitar, but when hes airing it he just shakes his fingers violently... even if its a mellow song, lol.

i'm a bassist and i find it kinda hard to air bass... just tapping my fingers against my thigh :S
I read somewhere that guitar players are more likely to air drum

which is exactly what I do
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Natural, I air guitar and air drums all the time when I don't have a guitar withing arm's reach.
hue
Quote by Carswell98
I read somewhere that guitar players are more likely to air drum

which is exactly what I do

yeah, me too.
playing air guitar seems unnatural to me, and when I try I strive to play as "realistic" as possible, which is a hassle.
I air everything.

Also, when I listen to classical, I air direct the music.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The Spoon
I heard about this contest...how the hell do you win?

Stage presence and accuracy of imitation.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Stage presence and accuracy of imitation.

so do you basically have to know how to ply the song, but just not be playing a guitar?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
air guitar, because I get in to it, music is cool

air guitaring as a professional or hooby=loser
Quote by SG Man Forever
so do you basically have to know how to ply the song, but just not be playing a guitar?

Well, you don't have to know how to play guitar, but you have to air guitar in a way that matches up with the song well.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The Spoon
I heard about this contest...how the hell do you win?

I have no clue about any aspect of this contest. It would be fun to watch some clips though.
Yup, some people sing to songs they get into...I end up air guitarring the solo if i'm at a desk or something and it's a really good song.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows