I'm looking to get new pickups soon but no nothing about them. Can somebody recommend something that would sound good for rock and metal but still sounds decent for other styles. I want to put them on an iceman IC300.
seymour duncan JB/'59 set are probably the most versatile yet heavy sounding p-ups you can get
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
try seymour duncan or bare nuckle, both good, i put seymours in an epiphone g 4oo and made a big difference,
put a paf 59 in the bridge and a jazz in the neck, really good for classic rock and distort ok too for heavier stuff.
Why do you want new pickups, what don't you like about the sound currently, what amp do you have, what tones do you like.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why do you want new pickups, what don't you like about the sound currently, what amp do you have, what tones do you like.

I have very little sustain. Amp is a peavey bandit 112. As far as tone goes I like as i lay dying's sound a lot. killswitch has some good tone too.
In all honesty I don't think that pickups are your problem, your guitar probably just needs a decent setp - also your amp is okay, not my cup of tea but good for the sounds you like. What do you set your amp to?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
In all honesty I don't think that pickups are your problem, your guitar probably just needs a decent setp - also your amp is okay, not my cup of tea but good for the sounds you like. What do you set your amp to?

The amp sounds fine. It's just when I pull-off notes the sound quickly dies. And say if I hit one note and hold it, it doesn't last too long. But yeah, the guitar probably does need a good set-up. I've had it for about five years now. I usually set the amp to either high gain or modern setting. pre gain usually 3/4 the way up, same with high. mid is usually pretty low, and low is in the middle.
That's not a pickup issue, that's either a setup issue, a technique issue or EQ/amp settings. I'm not saying you shouldn't change pickups, but it's not going to help with the problem you've identified.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Definitely take it into the local shop and have it set up and see if that helps. And make sure you tell them what strings you use so that they put the right ones on. I KNOW my guitar needs a set up badly. Tuning gets real shaky, I get some fret buzz here and there when I know I didn't before... and the nut needs to be glued back in place.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.