so my dad said hed get me a new amp for christmas. right now anything is an improvement, as what I have is a behringer v-tone guitar pack amp. it doesnt suit my esp guitar and its starting to fry.

He said maximum hed pay is $300 so does this amp look like something to look at?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-HV-30-30W-High-Voltage-TubeHybrid-1x12-Combo?sku=480797
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Probably not.

Palomino V8? Good for blues and rock. Or perhaps a Roland Cube if you play metal and stuff like that?

Edit: Would you be able to put some of your own money towards it? That would open up a lot more options.
id go either for a 60x cube, a palmino, or a laney.... depending on your music style
No, don't get that. If you're going to go SS, get either the Roland Cube or if you're not into metal the Vox AD30VT.
im way into metal but would the cube be loud enough to play some fairly large gigs? like at a school gym?

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
If you got the Cube 60, it would possibly be able to cope. But if you're looking to play really big gigs, you're better off asking for the money and saving for a 30 watt valve amp instead.
idk, i tried out the spidervalve amp, and it was pretty nice. i loved it. normally i dont like spiders but that one had a good tone to it.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
The Cube 60 will be loud enough for most gigs really but if you're playing a gig that it's not loud enough for then you should have a PA anyway. It would be nice for metal, you won't really get a tube amp that'll do metal on your budget, the best you could hope for would be a used Ashdown Fallen Angel but even that would mean stretching your budget
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
^^Yeah, but the SV is $700, way out of your $300 price range.

Add a little bit of money and get this, and a good overdrive pedal:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v16-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826

And yes it sounds better than a Spider Valve.
No, that's the hybrid version. You need to find the all-valve version. And you'll only need the 40 watt version. The problem is, you'll have to look used, most likely.
i need more than one 12" speaker if its only 15 watts.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
would the hybrid amp work though? is it a decent amp? it looks okay. i dont need like a professional amp right now, just something that will sound good for local shows.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by Headbanger_1
i need more than one 12" speaker if its only 15 watts.

You need to understand that tube amps are louder than solid state/hybrid amps.
Quote by kyrreca
You need to understand that tube amps are louder than solid state/hybrid amps.

haha, i forgot it was tube. i already knew that, but still. i would like a little more to it. that one sounds a bit like a practice amp.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
if youre only going to have one amp for a forseeable future then i am strongly in favor of a vox ad30vt, or if you want to add some money to the pot and play alongside drums then the ad50vt.
or the cube series if that fits you more; or something good and versitile.

imo if you only have one amp, that amp needs versitility. a palomino would be good. most tube amps would be good/better, but you may or may not find yourself disliking it because it wont have as much tonal versitility- finding the right tube amp will take a lot of searching yourself, not people's suggestions because you would need to find an amp that you truly will not stop liking. a good all around SS amp like the vox is the better solution imo. im still finding things about my ad30vt that i didnt notice or appreciate when i first got it even, and i was lucky enough to start with it as my 'first amp.'

for a second amp, im all for the palomino, or especially any good tube amp.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Palomino. If you must go solid state try the Peavey Transtube (my favorite ss) series or the Cubes (surprisingly good on-board effects.)
Seriously, have a look at the Roland Cube 60, it would fit your needs perfectly
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2