Okay, for Christmas, I need to know what is better, stomp boxes or an effects processor. I already have a couple of decent effects on my amp, like chorus, flange, and delay and what not, but would it be a good idea to still get a effects processor?

AND;

If I choose to get one or the other, a couple of suggestions will be handy.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by jimmybob24
what do you want to play? what sounds are you trying to get?

Like, 70's Led Zeppelin, AC/DC type sounds
Cam Sampbell's my hero
the processors have a digital version of a stompbox, but the original is better.
but to get all the stompboxes cost more.(good stompboxes(boss)are like 80-100$.
but a processor are in the range of 150-400 and they have a lot of effects.
i recommend a mt-2 for stompboxes or any other boss.
and for a proccesor i recommend boss gt-8 or digitech rp350
personaaly id go for pedals, but pod and boss multi fx are ok, the bands that you listed that classic rock sound is more just cranking a v/v amp loud, but a decent overdrive should get you close. if all your playing is classic rock get some decent pedals, if your going to be switching genres get a processor as theyl be far more versatile.
I recommend the GT-8 in a lot of cases, but I think it's overkill for the very basic sounds you stated you're looking for. The better investment would be a good, low-wattage tube amp that you could crank.
Okay, I have had a look on the gingerweb, and I found a BOSS ME 50, are they any good?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You don't need a processor for the sounds you want, you just need a decent amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

Yeah, but I also want effects aswell
Cam Sampbell's my hero
But the processor isn't going to give you the basic tone you want - seriously, get a decent amp first, then worry about effects. Doesn't have to be an expensive amp, an Epi Valve Jur would suit you perfectly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Lil Macker
Yeah, but I also want effects aswell

then get a Boss dd-6 and a dunlop crybaby wah to start off with
I don't like as i lay dying
+1

Quote by steven seagull

+1
Your looking for an RP250 my man. I got one in the jam room and it does everything I need. The tones it puts out through my Crate 212 are QUALITY. all the effects you want also, 150 bucks cant beat it.
if you have the cash to get a pedalboard loaded with pedals and that is completely filled out, go for that.

but, processors are great too. boss GT-8 and all of the digitech GNX processors are great. Vox tonelab is good, any of the Line 6s are decent. so yeah, it really depends on the cash and the sound you want.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss