I'm new to the forum but I've always messed around looking at tabs for awhile now.

Well, I've been looking to buy my first electric. I've ALWAYS loved the style of the flying V

I was looking to buy a V but I was wondering how people feel about the comforability of it and IF it would be good for starting electric.

depends on what brand your buying. It's slightly difficult to play the V while sitting, so you better be standing if you want the best comfort.
I have a jackson rhoads v. I find the most comfortable way to hold it while sitting is with the small horn in between your thighs, sorta feels like your playing a classical. It doesnt even really take that much getting used to, so if you dig the look, go for it.
That's what I was thinking but just wanted back up information. What would you say about an Z or explorer kind-of-style?

The brand I'm looking to buy is dean. not too expensive but look's decent for $250.00
Better buy Explorer then Flying V shape.Believe me.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Definitely not comfortable at all sitting. I have no idea how my buddy practice sitting with his V after trying to do it myself.
Quote by Zycho
Definitely not comfortable at all sitting. I have no idea how my buddy practice sitting with his V after trying to do it myself.

You get used after some time...although it still isn't as comfortable as 'normal' shape guitar.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X