Whats up dudes, i decided to do a cover with my new guitar to show its tone. So i went for some latin flavor with Santana, some may hate this song but i like it!!
All the guitars were done with Godzilla (the guitar in my avatar), the SG was kept in its caGe all the time, tell me what you think

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=447924&content=songinfo&songID=6030280
Last edited by NunoSlash at Dec 9, 2007,
Get rid of all that reverb on the drums !!!!! They sound like they are a mile away. Pan the guitars other than dead center. Get rid of the wood block or castinet sound. You dont need the two leads playing at the same time (the one trying to be the vocals at times). Choose the best and get rid of the other. How did you record this. What equipment ?
Quote by BushmasterM4
Get rid of all that reverb on the drums !!!!! They sound like they are a mile away. Pan the guitars other than dead center. Get rid of the wood block or castinet sound. You dont need the two leads playing at the same time (the one trying to be the vocals at times). Choose the best and get rid of the other. How did you record this. What equipment ?

The drums are from a backing track so i cant do nothing, about the guitars being dead center, yeah you are right i have to learn to change that, i dont know what you mean about the wood block...about the leads at moments there were two doing the vocals and the normal lead and i DO think i need 2 doing vocals
In the song there is a percussion sound that sounds like a castinets clacking. Its fine to use a guitar for the vocals. Just dont overlap the two (vocal guitar and lead). Its gets a jumbled up. Have the vocal guitar morph into the lead guitar. You are a good guitar player from what I hear on this tune. So you should have no problem morphing the two. How was this recorded ? What software ? Have you tried programming your own percussion on your software ?
dude this is an awesome cover
i love this song

and you have really good tone

i agree the castonettes or w/e they are are anoying but i know how backing tracks can be so il let that go

overall great cover tho i know someone who plays this live
i wish it sounded this good he has too much high end whereas you have more the low

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11780393#post11780393
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.