Quote by rusty-knives
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/53/51451453_full.jpg

Hey, does anyone here have any first hand experience with an Ibanez Gio? The link above is the guitar that I'm considering buying but I have no idea how they play.
The seller says it is the GAX 30 model.

With the GIO range most of the money spent goes towards the neck.

This is a good thing, but keep in mind that some other parts like tuners, pickups and the bridge can therefore be somewhat lacking in quality.

These are great beginner instruments, however, when you pay that amount of money for an instrument you're not getting an incredible guitar.

So in other words: they're pretty nice, they lend themselves towards future upgrades like better tuners and such and most have pretty damn good necks. Make sure you try it before you buy it though, as quality control isn't all that good.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
The lower frets stick out. It actually is noticeable, so if you do get it, file them down or something.
Quote by Iceman 420
The lower frets stick out. It actually is noticeable, so if you do get it, file them down or something.

This isn't on all GIO guitars. I happen to have two and they're both fine.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
If your looking at Ibanez's get the GRG270B, i have it its very very nice. The neck is soo smooth and nice. The only thing you need to do is to learn to set up a guitar, once you know that this guitar is perfect
Manchester United
I also have the ibanez grx20,the neck feels good and it is used for a metal style.But also they do have loose tuners it gets inoying to tune them sometimes but its a decent guiar for the price