Hey! I have played guitar for 3 months now and already feel i'm able to play some cool songs like "Sweet child o mine" and "I am the highway" mm.
But i got a problem!
I'm using guitar pro when i learn the tabs for the songs, but in a lot of solos, there is that arrow that sometimes swings up or down after a tab, i dunno what is called and its a little hard to explane!
I just know that its used in lots of solos like "free bird" and "sweet child of mine".

So who do i make this sound good? do i have to use the vibrator or something?
im pretty sure your referring to bends.

wespecially considering your talkin about those songs.

its either bends or, if the one number is followed by antoher (most likely in free bird) its a slide.

for a slide you move from the fret your on to the enbdt, for a bend you bend the string back/forward until you get the right note.
its trial and error
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
no clue but if you can play that solo after three months I'm pretty sure I'm going to shoot myself, because I think I could barely switch from open to barre chords at that point...

I'll be eagerly awaiting your response with my loaded pistol.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
lol same here
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Stian16
Hey! I have played guitar for 3 months now and already feel i'm able to play some cool songs like "Sweet child o mine" and "I am the highway" mm.
But i got a problem!
I'm using guitar pro when i learn the tabs for the songs, but in a lot of solos, there is that arrow that sometimes swings up or down after a tab, i dunno what is called and its a little hard to explane!
I just know that its used in lots of solos like "free bird" and "sweet child of mine".

I think that you are describing string bending here. You literally push the string up to raise the pitch.
holy cr*p, seriously?
its a bend, and no, youre not ready....at all
In fact im really surprised youve been playing for 3 months , and you havent used a single bend...
Quote by Stian16

LOL

I just saw that.... and I seriously hope you're talking about the trem bar...
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Isn't there someone that used a vibrator as a gimmick for some effect?

Anyway yeah, you're probably asking about bends.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Wow the fact that you've been playong for 3 months and you are playing the sweet child of mine solo honestly pisses me off.

I've been playing for 5 months and I'm not even thinking about playing that kind of ****

3 months, you gotta be kidding me
Okey! thankyou! Well, cant do the whole solo, but most of it! sometimes it just goes too fast...
remember, its not the number of years since you started playing that counts, it the number HOURS that you spend PRACTICING that counts.
when i was practicing these (and still do), i looked at my tuner when doing the bends to see if i was bending the right amount. for example if your playing a G and its a half bend during teh bend the tuner should show G# etc.

hope that helped