So i have been playing for a few months on my Jackson Cb 20 Concertbass, I love the sound and feel of this, and i recently upgraded to EMG Active Pj pickups.

The onlything i realy need now is a fretless to get a little bit of a different sound and feel for a few other side projects i am in. I have checked many sites and they all say the same about the fretless i have been thinking of getting.

Squire Vintage Jazz Fretless bass....... Yes i know Eww Squire! But i have played with it a few times, every thing seems very solid and has a wonderful tone.... Should i realy get this bass though i mean i am very tight on cash and have been waiting for something like this for a while? Anyone out there have or played with one of these basses and have any suggestions about what if anything should be changed on it?

Thanks.
Bass: Jackson Cb20 Concert
Amp: Crate BT 1000
if u feel comfortable with it then go ahead. its much different and u might not like to play it live or even standin up.
member of the fender armada. PM mr_hankey or hendriko to join

cuz fender is awxome its true
i'd say get something cheap and used till you figure out if you really like fretless very much
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by Confused4930

Yeah i did read that topic, but as always people will always go, "eww Go with the fender please."

And yeah i do like what i have seen, but i was asking for more info about wear and tear, worse comes to worse i could always epoxy the neck and run it that way....
Bass: Jackson Cb20 Concert
Amp: Crate BT 1000
Quote by Jeffblute
Yeah i did read that topic, but as always people will always go, "eww Go with the fender please."

And yeah i do like what i have seen, but i was asking for more info about wear and tear, worse comes to worse i could always epoxy the neck and run it that way....

were you expecting people to change there minds five minutes later when you made another thread?

besides, they have a point, the squiers are good for the'r price, but because of the ebanol fingerboard, the MIM is a step up, only one post said "eww go with fender" most people said that while the squier is nice, the fender is a better choice for that option, which i agree with
I played this bass at a music store a while back and although i may not be a very able fretless player, the feel of it was great. However, im not so sure about the sound as i played it without an amp. Id say for you to play it through an amp and check to see just how comfortable you are with it, people say Squires suck but i think otherwise