Page 1 of 5
Once again, I searched and couldn't find a thread like this. So here we go. Completely ignoring playability, build quality, and sound, what is, in your opinion, the most beautiful guitar ever made?

I would have to say this custom ESP. I'm not much for complicated body designs. I find the simple yet elegant ones to be the best looking.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I saw this custom strat that was solid maple, and was all AAA flamed, absolutely beautiful.

I can't find a pic tho.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Carvin > All.

Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Ibanez PGM90th:

Ibanez PGM10th:

Vigier Surfreter Supra:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i agree with your choice about 75%, but this is obviously the best looking guitar ever, probably plays lke crap tho http://www.audiomastermind.us/wp-content/images/wangcaster.jpg

Wow that was quick. Wasn't expecting someone to post a Wangcaster this early in the thread.

Quote by ikky_slimy_bugs

I LOVE those.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Ibanez PGM90th:

Vigier Surfreter Supra:

I've always considered Vigier's to be the epitome of a perfect guitar, except for the looks, the finish's are too boring.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
the finish's are too boring.

You bastard

Anyway:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Punk_Ninja

The only thing better than that is the exact same but with a quilt maple top.
Dragonburst is next under that

thats such a badass guitar.
definatly would get that
well i was being honest, i think it's one of the nicest guitars ever, but pretty much anything by carvin, and a lot of the high end ibanez and jackson stuff is really nice, but my dream guitar is this http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803030887
i would probably change teh bridge pickup for either an EMG 85, or a Bill Laurence XL500
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
The Ibanez JS tenth anniversiary edition given to Joe Satriani. Made of luthite and finnished in chrome. Sex Personified...or guitaronified or w.e.!
Quote by mafropetee

I would have to say this custom ESP. I'm not much for complicated body designs. I find the simple yet elegant ones to be the best looking.

I must agree
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA

Carvins def own though

EDIT: pic is PRS, NOT Carvin
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I would have the Dean Razorback Camo if money wasnt a problem but its like £3000
Manchester United
there is nothing more foolish looking than a fake F-hole.

Gibson CS-336
Gibson LP classic
Fender strat - '57 reissue
Fender strat - American Standard
Gretsch 5120
Fender Acoustic
Fender Twin Re-verb
Misc pedals
If anybody says any JEM, then I will ex f*cking plode. They are ugly.

Ouch, and fake F-holes really are dumb.

PRS SC 250 satin in... some kind of dark red.
Quote by Fryer Mike
If anybody says any JEM, then I will ex f*cking plode. They are ugly.

Ouch, and fake F-holes really are dumb.

PRS SC 250 satin in... some kind of dark red.

I personally think JEMs are some of the better looking guitars.
Quote by phatsack

Carvins def own though

EDIT: pic is PRS, NOT Carvin

I saw one of those in person once, it was so amazing.

Dragons FTW.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
^ The JEM 20th, in the highly eccentric tradition of maestro Vai himself, was made out of snot. Wizard snot, I'm sure. With resonant properties and an eerie glow. Arcane glow, indubitably.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
^ The JEM 20th, in the highly eccentric tradition of maestro Vai himself, was made out of snot. Wizard snot, I'm sure. With resonant properties and an eerie glow. Arcane glow, indubitably.

Actually, the JEM 20th was made out of snot from Vai himself. It has the most sustain and best all around tone of all guitar building materials. Also, it looks kick ass.
Quote by mafropetee
Actually, the JEM 20th was made out of snot from Vai himself.
Like I said, wizard snot.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
'57 Gibson Black Beauty (2 pickups)... ahh... how I love that sexy for of artwork called the guitar...
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I can't find a picture of one, but nothing beats an actual 1959 Gibsons Les Paul with a AAA flame maple top in Cherry Sunburst, with chrome hardware, white (not cream!) binding, pickguard and mounting rings, and an ebony fretboard.
It was a rare configuration at the time, let alone finding one now, but if you can get your paws on one, nothing is more beautiful. Especially if the Cherry burst has faded a bit so it's not such an intense red... I know Richie Sambora has one which he used to play on stage occasionally - which is where I first saw one - but he's got that safely under lock & key now to preserve it, and I'm not aware of any others in existence except in private collections.
Speaking of whom, Sambora has fantastic taste in guitars - you can pick out almost any of his guitars from 1994 onwards, and they're gorgeous. Some of the ones he used before then were a bit dubious though.

And I have to say - none of the other guitars posted in this thread so far look at all good, I think. Aside from the one passable (but boring) sunburst Fender Strat, all the others are pretty damn ugly. Too many stupid inlays, obnoxious paint jobs, unnecessary ****e and so on.
Page 1 of 5