My mom said I could have anything I wanted up to 200 bucks ish and she said I should probably get a guitar so I have been looking at musicians friend and gc. I decided on a few but don't know anything about any of them. The first is an [url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LE-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar-with-Zebra-Pickups?sku=512582
"]Epiphone Les Paul Special II Limited Edition
Which I think looks pretty badass. The next I saw is an [url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-F50-Electric-Guitar?sku=516677
"]ESP LTD F-50
The body style is wicked but is it a good guitar?
The third choice is an Ibanez RG-120 And where as I love Ibanez this seems ok too, but I hear some bad about these RG's
The last one I will list is also an Ibanez. The Ibanez GSZ-120

I play mostly classic rock, alternative rock, metal, prog, and a lot of clean bluesy stuff and I know the LP will be good for a few of those if not all, but what about the others? Does anyone else have any other ideas for guitars around or under $200 that would fit my needs?
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Get a Big Muff instead.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
My mom has let me pick presents since i was like 10.
Theres Zoloft, Welbutrin, theres Paxil thats proven,
no side effects.

But the rest left unnamed 'cuz they worked like a charm on me.
You mean for Christmas? I thought it was normal to pick your own presents...
Tell her you want a hooker.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Well she has always let me pick my presents, but sometimes she goes out and just buys what ever anyway, but when it comes to a guitar it can't just be any guitar it has to be one I want. I don't need pedals or amps because I have a full pedal board with boss pedals and like 5 amps
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
For 200 bucks, its not worth it to get a guitar. Get a really nice pedal instead.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
first 2 links dont work, but you'll get longer out of the ibanez imo
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
the last one looks pretty nice............. OR you could ask for money from everyone and buy an intermediat or pro level guitar instead of an entry level guitar (500 range)
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
yeah id go for the hooker 200 bucks is a good for something haha
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
An intermediate level guitar would be very nice but a little out of my fams price range.
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
do you really need a new guitar? cause if you dont id just hold out till you can get a better one
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Dude, If you have multiple pedlas, multiple amps, surely you have a guitar worth more than $200?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by taylorfrey66
yeah id go for the hooker 200 bucks is a good for something haha

....yeah, see this is what happens when you post in the pit. Go to the electric guitar forum.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
The Electric Guitar forum is there for a reason.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
If you do get the Epiphone, check it out before you buy it. Mine came along with some pretty bad flaws in it.
the special II is terrible get the ****ing esp my friends have both of those guitars and the F is great, much better than the special. i have no idea about the ibanez's

just google them and do some resarch on them, read reviews, and if you can go try them out a t a store see what feels best in your hands
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Last edited by Havok19 at Dec 1, 2007,
I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Special, its pretty cool.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by MedicreDemon
Dude, If you have multiple pedlas, multiple amps, surely you have a guitar worth more than $200?

My guitar is pretty nice, its about $500 guitar, but its from the 80's and falling a part, getting beat up etc etc. Its good wood etc but its just not cutting it any more. The paint is chipping the humbucker is the only pickup that works 100% of the time the neck pickup is shoddy etc etc
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by 12Jim34
You mean for Christmas? I thought it was normal to pick your own presents...

Yeah... i wrote a list for santa until I was like 14, Lol. But this year my mum phoned and said "What do you want?" and I replied, "A DS!!! AND POKEMON!!!! And maybe some clothes."

For the record, I'm 19 and Pokemon and Nintendo are made of win.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Havok19
the special two is terrible get the ****ing esp mmy friends have both of those guitars and the F is great, much better than the special. i have no idea about the ibanez's

just go to google them and do some resarch on them, read reviews, and if you can go try them out a t a store see what feels best in your hands

I have always loved esp's but I've never really played one I liked except the viper but the only one they have is kinda shoddy...
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
If your current guitar is that bad, then spend the money on some new pickups.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ollieyoufool
My guitar is pretty nice, its about $500 guitar, but its from the 80's and falling a part, getting beat up etc etc. Its good wood etc but its just not cutting it any more. The paint is chipping the humbucker is the only pickup that works 100% of the time the neck pickup is shoddy etc etc

Dude
just get new pickup???
or if its reallly bad then save up...
its worth it instead of getting a crap guitar
Just get guitar hero 3!

YOU CAN PLAY ALL YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS, WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ON GEAR!

*flame helmet*

EDIT:

Quote by Metalcredge

For the record, I'm 19 and Pokemon and Nintendo are made of win.

too true...too true.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
I dont think you should get a guitar that cheap, from what ive experienced with playing cheap guitars, they dont play well and sound anywhere near as good as a more expensive one. Why not get a pair of good pickups for your guitar and buy some paint and give her a makeover?
you should really NOT get a guitar under 200 bucks... just tell her you'll take the cash, tell other people you want cash, save it all, and buy a good version of any of the guitars you're considering... if you buy cheap, you get cheap. If you buy a good level ESP or Ibanez as opposed to a cheap one, then it's worth saving up 400 or 500 dollars... and the only way to get a good LP is to save up 2000, so just don't bother
I'd rather buy a new pickup and leave the humbucker for the vitagey(sp?) sound.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by synpet713192
you should really NOT get a guitar under 200 bucks... just tell her you'll take the cash, tell other people you want cash, save it all, and buy a good version of any of the guitars you're considering... if you buy cheap, you get cheap. If you buy a good level ESP or Ibanez as opposed to a cheap one, then it's worth saving up 400 or 500 dollars... and the only way to get a good LP is to save up 2000, so just don't bother

Yes, this is right. unless you look for a second hand Epi LP Standard, you mght find one cheap and they are meant to be good.

But also, if you ever see any of the Yamaha AES series guitars, try one. I have the 820 with Dimarzio's and it is amazing. Try looking for maybe the 620(it has a JB in the bridge) or the 720, they are really good guitars and have a kind of new age LP look to them.
Quote by Ollieyoufool

Then get new pickups!