I've been playing guitar for a few years now and am sick of the horrible tone I get out of my Behringer GM108 amp. So I'd like to invest in an amp with a superior sound. I have $250USD, tops, to spend on it. I'd like to get an amp that is loud enough for practice (band and individual) and perhaps is decent for a small gig. My style of playing is modern rock (Audioslave, Alter Bridge, Pearl Jam, Disturbed) and classic rock (The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, U2). So I need something that is flexible. I was looking at the Roland Cube 30W and it looks quite good, but wanted to get more opinions. Any recommendations?
Save up another $50 dollars and get this amp. It will cover all those styles very well, but it may struggle a bit for "brutal" metal tones.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a nice amp. Anyone have experience with the reliability of Vox amps? I read some reviews on Harmony-Central that said some Vox amps aren't that reliable.
I haven't heard of anything like that. And GuitarCenter just made a huge price drop on the amp I suggested, do to holidays coming up.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...