So a guy wants a guitarist for his band. I've been playing for a little while, and I've been wanting to join a band for quite some time. Only problem, this band won't exactly play the kind of music I like. The guy hoping to make it is really into nu-metal and new alternative, two genres I rank just above ICP in my book. Should I join a band that plays music that I hate out of desperation, or should I keep looking for a band?
Keep looking. If your going to be a big name guitarist you need 3 things.

1. Talent
2. Independence
3. An ego the size of Russia
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
1. You'd have more luck with this in the bandleading forum.
2. Play what you wanna play, do what you wanna do. Bandmembers will come eventually. Just be patient.

-Ax
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
seriously just keep lookin if you're not gonna be able to play the kind of music you want, then you're not gonna be happy with your music.
I would keep looking. Theres no point in playing music you hate, it's only going to make you frustrated. Unless you can compromise and play sort of a mixture of the music different people in the band like. That's how my band is except none of us like nu-metal haha.
Quote by Brain245
I would keep looking. Theres no point in playing music you hate, it's only going to make you frustrated. Unless you can compromise and play sort of a mixture of the music different people in the band like. That's how my band is except none of us like nu-metal haha.
Yeah, I think this guy likes SOME good music, so I'll be able to put in a little influence.
well in my school every1 wants to play f*cking death metal x_x
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves

I wish my school was like that..

I say join anyway, get some decent experience, make a bit of cash from doing gigs. You should get a bit of experience before joining a band that you're serious about.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by itsxsteves

Real death metal or deathcore?

And if it's deathcore, is it good stuff like The Red Chord, or crap like Bring Me the Horizon?