how do you record with the line 6 toneport ux1?
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
i have the UX2 but you have gear box running, and make sure your playback and recording devices are set to toneport. I use acoustica mixcraft for recording though
could i use audacity with it?
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
...anybody...
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
is there a preamp built into the toneport?
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
...anybody...
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
If there's a mic input, there's more than likely going to be a preamp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
have you read the manual on your interface??????

yes theres on board preamps for this unit but the only limit you have is if you wanted to add a compressor for vocals as you need to put the comp. between the preamp and interface......
that's for the higher end recording rigs though so you should do just fine with software plugins.

the only thing you will need to do is either run your guitar cable from the guitar to the interface box
or
plug an XLR lead mic into the interface and turn up the preamp knob at the top of the unit.

for guitar FX the interface come with a software pack called gearbox which has amp, preamp, and guitar FX models which is like having a bunch of amps and FX pedals.

more info on your UX1:
http://line6.com/toneportux1/

BTW, TS...no need to make a double post to as for answers..when someone gets around to posting they will answer your questions.
You can use it through Audacity and you need to go to the preferences and change the input to TonePort UX1 and if your speakers are plugged into the TonePort then put the output to TonePort UX1. Fire up Gearbox you should be good to go.

Personally I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 but it should work with most recording software.
Quote by moody07747
BTW, TS...no need to make a double post to as for answers..when someone gets around to posting they will answer your questions.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
1.) This forum doesn't get much traffic, don't expect a reply right away.

2.) We aren't obligated to help you, we do it out of good will.

We need to drill this in...
hey, i got one of these ux1's today, just having a little trouble recording, what do i need to do to record it on sony soundforge 7.0 or goldwave? any help appreciated!
Quote by noodlenick

Personally I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 but it should work with most recording software.

Mind if I ask how, exactly, you manage this? I have both the UX1 + GearBox and GTP3 but I can't seem to get them to co-operate; GTP3 only seems to recognize the UX1 as an output device, not an input, and when I try to change it to an input, absolutely nothing happens. I've changed the default output in Control Panel to speakers instead of the UX1, but it still didn't affect it at all.
Quote by nh3il
hey, i got one of these ux1's today, just having a little trouble recording, what do i need to do to record it on sony soundforge 7.0 or goldwave? any help appreciated!

go into Sonys' preference page and set the input and output to the UX1. Then apply and ok that.

You should then need to set an input on each new audio track to route the audio from the UX1 to that track.

I dont use this sony software so im not sure what to really do. You can go though the electronic help manual that came with it or just try some things out for yourself until it works.
How could I use my UX1 to record with Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3? I've tried just setting it as the input, but it doesn't send the signal to GTP3.
have you tried going into the control panel and setting the toneport to the default recording and playback device?

also some say you may have to disable your stock sound card in the control panel before installing the drivers for your toneport.
Quote by moody07747
have you tried going into the control panel and setting the toneport to the default recording and playback device?

also some say you may have to disable your stock sound card in the control panel before installing the drivers for your toneport.

It doesn't show up as a recording device in control panel, just a playback device.
...hmm, thats strange.
do you have all other USB devices and any USB hubs unplugged?
if you have wireless internet, disable the signal though your computer as it may mess with the audio process from what I''ve heard.
I agree that it's strange, both because the UX1 is primarily an input device and because GTP3 senses it as an input device (it just won't let me USE it as such).
And yes, all other USB devices besides my printer are unplugged, no hubs, and I have wired 'net.
It would be really nice to hear how the guy that uses the exact same setup uses this.