Hi, I just recently started noticing, my top (low sound..) E string is constantly going out of tune; For example.. I'll tune it to Drop-D and ill start playing and you can just hear the pitch being lowered, and before you know it it's in Drop-C tuning in like.. 5 seconds..if that. and it's gotten higher pitched too, from Drop-D to Eb, its pretty weird.
So if you know anything that will help it'd be well appreciated, or if you have any questions to ask feel free. And Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I didn't know if it would go in here or Eletric Guitar. But spare with me, Thanks if you can help!
I have this problem with my A string, but they are dirty, rusty and 7 months old so it's to be expected =/
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
If the strings are stretched out already, sounds like the problem is the tuning machine.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Thanks for the quick responses,
I'm still using the same strings I bought with the guitar back in June, so I might switch them pretty soon to see if thats the problem,
And I have a Vintage-style Adjusto-Matic bridge with anchored tailpiece.
And it could be my tuner also (I'm using a tuner thats built in with my amp..)
Quote by lilhomes
Thanks for the quick responses,
I'm still using the same strings I bought with the guitar back in June, so I might switch them pretty soon to see if thats the problem,
And I have a Vintage-style Adjusto-Matic bridge with anchored tailpiece.
And it could be my tuner also (I'm using a tuner thats built in with my amp..)

june? wtf is wrong with you? thats your problem. replace every month
Replace every month???

If you look after them they'll serve for a long time. Id say my treble strings have a average life of 2-3 months with daily play.

Sure they'll fade within the first month, they'll lose their shine and some of their highs but its nothing major. Replace when snapped! If it is the string, look for the damage on the outer winding. The gold wire thats covering the solid wire.

I really doubt its the string myself.

Ive never seen this adjusto matic system so im reserving comment on em. But since the strings also risen in pitch im thinkin maybe the bridge.

Good luck!
Pfft real men change strings once a year.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?