Poll: Who is the best candidate for our next president?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is the best candidate for our next president?
Rudi Guliani
1 3%
Mitt Romney
0 0%
Ron Paul
25 76%
Hillary Clinton
0 0%
Barack Obama
7 21%
Voters: 33.
I am a dedicated Ron Paul supporter along with being a dedicated UG member, just wondering how many other musicians on here are supporters of Ron Paul.
My history teacher had a freudian slip by calling Ron Paul, Ross Peroe. Accurate I think, crazy unelectable little men. (Out of the republicans though, hes best which isnt saying much)
Ron Paul's too extreme for me, but I like him better than anyone else on the list.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by czlespaul
eh...

Crazy is bad.

Why do you feel Ron Paul is crazy? I am interested.
Well I haven't looked into him too much.

But I know he wants to destroy the Fed, the FBI, and the CIA.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Quote by ooblah

he wants to get rid of the IRS. How does he plan on collecting taxes, passing around collection baskets like they do at church?
Quote by ooblah

Have you actually heard any of his plans? Then you would know the truff.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
if anyone votes for Hillary i swear to god im gonna cut their sack off or their uterus out.

Now whys that? Yank their uterus out? Yes, thats reasonable.
Quote by czlespaul
Well I haven't looked into him too much.

But I know he wants to destroy the Fed, the FBI, and the CIA.

Well no he doesnt want to destroy these programs, but he wants to change them. The CIA is responsible for Saddam, Osama, and a lot of the problems we have today because of something called blowback. The FBI has a big problem with warrantless searches which is a direct violation of the constitution. But he has no intention of destroying these programs.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
he wants to get rid of the IRS. How does he plan on collecting taxes, passing around collection baskets like they do at church?

Actually if we got a rid of the income tax we would still produce enough revenue equivalent to the year 2000. The only real reason we need this tax is to pay for our war. If we were to bring our troops home (which would save billions), Cut these horrible programs like the department of energy and education which are some of the most wasteful spending programs we have ever had, WE WOULDNT EVEN NEED THE INCOME TAX! Can you imagine?
Quote by ooblah
Actually if we got a rid of the income tax we would still produce enough revenue equivalent to the year 2000. The only real reason we need this tax is to pay for our war. If we were to bring our troops home (which would save billions), Cut these horrible programs like the department of energy and education which are some of the most wasteful spending programs we have ever had, WE WOULDNT EVEN NEED THE INCOME TAX! Can you imagine?

oh, okay. So if we bring our troops home, we just get rid of the tax. No point in using taxes to pay off our 500 trillion dollar national debt.
that's kinda funny that you mention that, because i really feel like ron paul is probably the least extreme of the candidates. he's trying to fight against liberties violations that have been put in place by previous administrations. i guess if that's extreme then he's pretty extreme.

please please please do not vote for guiliani. that's my only request to everyone.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Ron Paul's too extreme for me, but I like him better than anyone else on the list.

Agreed.

I don't like how he wants an immediate withdrawal from Iraq. I do agree with him on a lot of other things though.

John McCain FTW!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
fred thompson...duh
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
The only thing Paul really wants to get rid of is the federal reserve, which I think is a brilliant idea.

EDIT: For once in a looong time, I see a candidate that people are supporting because of great ideas. Typically people vote for a specific candidate solely on the basis of their party or because they hate everyone else. At least Ron Paul actually has supporters.

Seriously, without him people would all be voting for Rudy because everyone hates Hilary. I'm glad it isn't a 2-candidate race already.
Last edited by ANGERisaGIFT at Dec 1, 2007,
RON PAUL!

and ron paul girl is smokin' hot
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
oh, okay. So if we bring our troops home, we just get rid of the tax. No point in using taxes to pay off our 500 trillion dollar national debt.

Its actually 50 trillion dollar debt, and yes we wouldnt need the income tax to pay this debt off if we stopped borrowing billions from countries like China, Japan, and Saudi Arabia just to pay for our war. If we cut spending we wouldnt need taxes, the debt would pay off itself. However I agree with you the income tax would generously help pay off our debt, but as of now it has no impact whatsoever. When you cut spending, you can cut taxes. Its the only way.
Quote by happytimeharry
If the one who voted for Giuliani comes clean now, no harm will be done...

Hehe....

Hahahaha

I just giggled like a girl.

(kinda like you do on Xbox Live)

Edit: I voted Ron Paul.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Mind Riot
If only Ron Paul's e-support would translate into votes..

Yep. Ron Paul's supporters would probably make lines out of the doors of the polling places if they weren't stoned out of their minds.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Yep. Ron Paul's supporters would probably make lines out of the doors of the polling places if they weren't stoned out of their minds.

So do you have any factual reason for not agreeing with Ron Paul or is name calling all you have? Id rather be stoned out of my mind than stating a pointless opinion. You have ever right not to agree, but lets hear reasoning behind it not Jr. High name calling.