OCD-type thing.
It's not near as bad as actual OCD, but that's what it's like. I have to either pick the string at least 5 times, then play 2 notes, then repeat 2 times, then I have to play REAL slow, or just hit 2 notes for 3 minutes.
It's maybe the MOST annoying thing I've ever experienced. It's getting worse too.
I'm starting to think it's just a mental block or something, but I dunno. It's getting me worried too.

So, do any of you guys have any suggestions to get rid of this? I've told my parents, they just say it's either a block, or some sort of perfectionist deal where I'm subconciously afraid I won't be able to do it right.

Sorry for the wall of text, too....ha
But seriously, any help at all is appreciated

EDIT: I've been playing for about 2.5 years, if that makes any difference
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Dec 1, 2007,
make something out of it man you might be onto something
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by BlackList666
make something out of it man you might be onto something

What? The subconciousness thing?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by s.r.v.
http://www.musictoyz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=FULLOCD&Category_Code=Fulltone+Pedals
first line mislead me. anyway, happens to me to, but where i cant stop playing a riff. take a break for a day or two and listen to music you dont normally do, but still like. then you'll have some new ideas and can come back fresh to the guitar

I dunno why, that struck me as funny

But yeah, it's not like I'm playing a riff even...like, if I try to play "Divinity Within" By PTH, I have to play the first few notes at least 2 times, and then play the rest. But then I usually mess up soon after, and have to play from the beginning.
I know I'm not making much sense, I'm kinda tired and pissed about this whole problem
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus