Page 1 of 2
just curious..I plan to get a band in at most 2 years time...

what age and how long have to been playing that instrument when you got a band?
and most importantly,were you good at that instrument when you joined/started the band?
well ive been playing guitar for about 5 years and i joined my first band recently. i have left since the drummer couldnt keep a beat and insisted on using his double bass pedal all the time.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
I've been going almost 2 years. A few months short. I play around a lot. I know a drummer, and 2 guitarists. But that's about it. Everyone here plays thrash, and I wanna play blues and rock.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ive played for about 3-4 years and i have yet to be in a band but i do jam a lot with my friend
I started a band before i played guitar, learned guitar for that band, and the a year later we started sounding decent. so like a year maybe, depends on how long it takes you to be decent at guitar. i was 14 the, now i'm 16.
if u want to hear my band, heres a link:

www.myspace.com/chikinfist

I recorded all the guitar, and yes i know the solos suck.
ive been playing guiatr for 9 years and i never really wanted to play in a band but i got asked about 6 monthes ago and we been gigging and recoridng every since
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
about 3 years into it i started to get one started... almost to 4 years now and we finally have a pretty solid line-up. and as for good... well.... it's a punk band and i can play power chords pretty good lmao, but no, i'm still not an awesome guitarist.
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I've been going almost 2 years. A few months short. I play around a lot. I know a drummer, and 2 guitarists. But that's about it. Everyone here plays thrash, and I wanna play blues and rock.

ya everyone in my hometown wants to play either metalcore and hardcore or pop punk and i kinda like the pop punk stuff but I want a band that plays rock like Pearl Jam and Velvet Revolver
3 months, and i was self taught, it was pretty basic stuff but it sounded good even though i never knew technical stuff, i just made stuff that came from the heart and sounded good. We played 2 shows and then my drummer almost OD on Valium and anti depressants,w e all went to different schools though, but we had really good chemistry we don't play together anymore its a shame, i want a band.....
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
playin guitar for a year and a bit be4 i finally made one
but we didnt get success until a year later
ive been playing for three years and i just got into my first band
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
guitar- ive been playing for 10 months
and i started a band a month ago
but i might be sooner than most people cuz i practice so much
i got in a band a few years after starting, much to my dismay i played bass (we had two guitarist, and i was only bassist cause i wasnt being taught guitar even though I was better ... ), hmm.
Well, I was only playing guitar for a year when I joined as lead guitarist for my (big) church's student ministry worship band back in High School - that was my first.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
NeoGuitarist is t3h 1337z0rz!
been playing for about a year when i started a project with my two guitar playing friends, and we then decided to grab a bassist friend of ours (which we dumped) so we're looking for a drummer and a bassist now.
oh yeah, im 18, been jamming with the project for about 4 months now, and i've been playing guitar for just over 2 years now.

EDIT: yes, i know, three guitarists is crazy, but we might be getting rid of the one that can sing just because he doesn't agree with anything we want to do
2 months, all the original members of our band learned to play just so we could start a band. Ha, when we first started we sucked so much... now we're decent, but not great...
a year and a half and I'm auditioning for a few bands
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Im gonna be in a band soon...i hope it goes on for a while.

The drummer really likes jazz, so i hope thats a good thing
I've been playing for roughly 3 years and I just recently joined 2 bands about a month ago.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
The day after I got my first electric I started a band. Needless to say we were terrible. I had been playin guitar for a year before that.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Last edited by israels_son at Dec 2, 2007,
i picked up bass FOR a band that i was apperantly in.
then the band broke up after one practice and i continued
haha
i never do things the right way
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
1 year technically, 1 and a half for our first practice. I've improved alot since though, I can now solo (btw I'm a bassist)
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
It's all hardcore kids and metal bands, and I want to play bluesy/rock songs so I've been playing non/classical for about 3 years and still no band
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I've been playing for two years and I'm fourteen. I just formed my first decent band about a month ago. I've had bands before that, but they were horrid.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
2 1/2 years, 1 year singing.
We've been together for almost a year now.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I had been playing for about 2 and a half years when I joined my first real band.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Miggy01
It's all hardcore kids and metal bands, and I want to play bluesy/rock songs so I've been playing non/classical for about 3 years and still no band

I'm in a blusey rock band and it's so much harder to get local gigs because promoters don't think we bring enough emo/metal kids who make up for most of the scene in my city. Luckily pubs are full of people who like other music.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
I picked up bass for music class this year when no-one else wanted to play it; and I jammed a lot with the drummer. And now we're a 5-piece band, me being the bassist. Been together since the start of the year..
But I've been playing guitar for a few years now.
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
I had been playing for about 3 years before my first band. lol fortunatley we did more drinking than practicing thus i learnt what not to do.
i dunno like... 4 years. my friends and i have a band that we dont take very seriously, but its still fun.
My first "band" was horrible. We had like 2 rehearsals, decided we all hate the drummer, and disbanded. (I'd been playing for about a year).

But I'm in the midst of forming a band with a few friends of mine, and I'm getting a really good feeling about it (been playing for about 2 1/2 years).
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
I was only playing for about 6-7 months and me and my friends just started jammin; amd then playing as a band. We don't get many gigs and we stil don't have a singer but we're recording our album.
I picked up a guitar on December 28 2006... (remembering the date, quite sad). Though I had previous musical knowledge. I sound fairly decent now. We started a band in March, and we only played simple songs minus solo's. The other guys had been playing for a few years in a dead-end sort of band. Now I can solo ok, which is good.
Page 1 of 2