what do you think about lacrosse players? rapists? spoiled rich kids?

Yeah so the titles self explanatory...i know i did a thread a couple of days ago about sports and it got a lot more responses than i expected and i just want to thank those that responded...anyways i was sitting outside with my lacrosse stick the other day and this old guy comes up to me and laughs and says, "you play for duke lacrosse?" and i just got pissed...so it got me thinking about what non-players think of the sport, i want to know what image lacrosse players seem to have, perhaps the whole duke scandal affected your opinions

oh and all ignorance is welcome, its alright if you hate the sport i just want to know what you guys think
I play lacrosse...

Who's Duke?
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
Quote by Castlebravo
That's nothing compared to the **** tennis players get.

are you serious? tennis is one of the most respected sports in some countries like England or USA, like the wimbeldon(sorry if spelt wrong) and USA open bring in huge sums of money and loads of fans
I think it's a great sport, I would choose it over football or baseball any day.

My friend is kind of a hero because he started the first lacrosse team at my school and everyone loves it.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by AC/DC10
I play lacrosse...

Who's Duke?

you know the duke university rape scandal, where the players were accused of raping a girl at a party...but turns out there all innocent
umm ya... idk bout lacross and all, but im not a big fan of rich kids
Quote by Dreadnought
I know two people that go to Duke...

You go to Duke?

haha no the guy was just being an asshole and i guess trying to imply that all lax players are associated with Duke
Quote by Leperaffinity01
Lacrosse LOL

can you be a little more specific than LOL?
considering my ignorance tells me lacrosse is a mostly private school sport (no school i've ever visited, or attended has had it) i would probably say spoiled rich kids. nuthin wrong with that though
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Yeah, I believe that the Duke lacrosse players were found to be innocent and the entire story was a fabrication. I hate when people only hear about part of the story and start acting like they know everything (ex. the old man you mentioned TS).
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by droog4life
considering my ignorance tells me lacrosse is a mostly private school sport (no school i've ever visited, or attended has had it) i would probably say spoiled rich kids. nuthin wrong with that though

My school has a lacrosse team. We're pretty middle class here...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
lacrosse is a rich kid sport in my opinion
the equipment is outrageously priced
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I have no idea what lacrosse is about or how to play it. It's a giant mystery.

ooooooohhh....
Who dat?
Quote by scarfacesuit
My school has a lacrosse team. We're pretty middle class here...

ah, ok thank you... now i know its not solely private school
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
well the duke case was bull****. But yeah, i kinda see it as a rich-man's football. The only schools that have a program are the rich schools in my area.
I play LaCrosse (greatest sport in the world IMO) and im actuall lower-middle class, so its not just rich kids

Its actually a real cocky sport, so we can be seen as assholes, the majority of my team im talking. but yea its a blast
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
I have to admit that when i first saw lacrosse, i said wtf? but honestly pick up a stick and try it, i guarantee (unless you have no hand-eye coordination whatsoever) that you will change your mind about the sport...and yeah the top high schools in the country for lax are private schools but then again all the Ivy League universities have Division 1 lacrosse teams and are very prestigious
Quote by SenseS FaiL
I have to admit that when i first saw lacrosse, i said wtf? but honestly pick up a stick and try it, i guarantee (unless you have no hand-eye coordination whatsoever) that you will change your mind about the sport...and yeah the top high schools in the country for lax are private schools but then again all the Ivy League universities have Division 1 lacrosse teams and are very prestigious

Not to mention arrogant and pompous!
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by droog4life

my school has a lacrosse team, and its pretty DGK here
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
1 episode of My Sweet 16 is enough to hate spoiled rich kids
To do list:

Finish do-up of Samick MM copy bass
Convert Daphon wah to Crybaby Bass wah
Get an Electric guitar!
I play lacrosse and I doubt that many people think all or most or many lacrosse players are rapists or spoiled.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
I played Lacrosse freshman year. My high school didn't have enough money for the team so it was an organization outside of school, so it's not just for private schools. I sort of lost interest in the sport, mainly because all the other kids on the team (and most of the people in the area) are rich and spoiled and my family is definetly not rich so I don't have the luxury of being a spoiled brat. A lot of the guys were assholes, especially attack players. I'm telling you, every attack player I've met has been completely full of himself. I'm still friends with some good guys from that team though.

God, that was a useless ramble
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.