Now, I DID read the sticky containing the guide to finding one, but I'm still having some trouble. I've been playing three years, and been using all pre-owned/hand me down equipment. I love it all, and it works fine, but I want a new guitar. Something that has been mine, and only mine, and something that can create a more filling, unique sound.

I know my price range is around $1000, at the absolute maximum, I'm really trying to find something a tad cheaper.

But it's hard for me to find something, and try and stick to my sound.

I'm going to be playing anything from indie, to post rock, to hard rock, to melodic cleans, to post hardcore, to metal of all types, and god knows what more.

I know I want some sort of mahogany, as well. I've always loved the sound of it. I also love archtops, if that helps.

I thought about Ibanez first, since I know I could find something in my price range, and I knew I could find SOMETHING, at least.

I'm interested in the ARX320 the AR305, and a few Prestige models, but I didn't think the Prestiges would fit all of my styles, but, then again, I've never played one, so I can't judge it properly.

I also saw a PRS SE that was decently priced, but if memory serves me right, even though I would cream my pants to have a PRS, I have heard that they aren't the best guitars in the world.

So, which one of the above is the best? Would you reccomend something else in the same range?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
What amp do you have?

You could get your own customized Carvin DC127 for under $1000
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Dec 2, 2007,
Fender RocPro 700.

A pretty good 70 watt hyrbid combo, with a single 14" speaker. I think it's a 14, it may be 12.

Saxo-Walrus

I guess it may not be "your own", but I just recently got the Epi Wylde model and love it. It was $800 and plays any style beautifully. The only problem people seem to have is the pickups (EMG HZ's), and if you want to replace those with Zakk's actual set (EMG-81 and 85) it's around 200 dollars more, so still in your range.
The Epi ZW signature is ridiculously overpriced.

You can get guitars at half the price with active EMGs which will sound infinitely better.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Oh, I forgot to ask last night, where can I find that Carvin for under $1000? I tried Musician's Friend, but they don't carry Carvins, and I checked the website, and they were all just over $1000.

Thanks.

Saxo-Walrus

I hate to bump this again, but I still have a few questions.

Like I asked before, which one of the ones I pikced above would be the best?

And, also, what would be some more, of that style and that could fit my needs, that you guys would reccomend?

Thanks.

Saxo-Walrus