Ok guys, we should have a Scarified cover contest. I want to participate though so we will need four judges. Say you want to be a judge and I will add you to the list.
List of Judges:
webbtje
bass_boss
judge3
judge4

Then of course we need contestants. We will just see how many we can get. You must post your cover by the new year(so you have a chance to use your new gear you got for Christmas/other holidays. You must have a backing track of Scarified running. The one on guitar pro works great. Mute the two guitars though. It can only be played at its original speed(137 b.p.m. I believe)
List Of Contestants:
GuitarEvan07
buckethead_jr
Sora 01

Have fun guys! Does this seem like a good idea?
Last edited by GuitarEvan07 at Dec 4, 2007,
Oh wow... great idea, but only a handful of people can play this well enough!

One of my favourite instrumentals by the way.

EDIT: Can I be a judge? I can't play this but I'm good at criticizing playing.
Last edited by webbtje at Dec 2, 2007,
Awesome idea.

Put me down as a contestant, I love that song, but I've never gotten round to learning it.

I may not meet the deadline, but I'll try my best too, more of a recording issue than learning the song though, so it may be bad quality.
I'll judge if you need me!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Oh ****.

Forgot about this, I was busy practicing Altitudes for my performance exam.
I've just got the last string skipping lick to speed up a little and I'll upload, will a video be alright?
I'll enter. I've been working on Scarified lately.

Edit: Just realized, I haven't even learned the entire song yet. I know the main riffs, the arpeggio part, a bit of the alternate picking part after the arpeggios, and the two-hand tapping part. So you'll have to give me some time.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
well i guess ill give this a shot... just need to learn it :p
so whats the deadline since it appears no one is doing this??
ESP M-II Deluxe
ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000
Kramer Focus 1000
BC Rich Warlock NJ Series
Cordoba CE-C5
Boss GT-8
Crate BV150H for sale
haha once I saw that buckethead_jr was in this I was like ok forget it, gg. I can't alternate pick for crap I can get past the little arpeggio that leads into it, but I can't play that stupid alternate picking part any faster than like 120 bpm grrr. And I haven't even attempted that insane string skipping part hahaha...
I don't have any more time to record it, so here's a quick one.

It's on my profile

EDIT: It's in standard tuning as opposed to down half a step, i hope that's alright, i just couldn't be bothered retuning my ibanez.
Buckethead, you get a 9. Some of that could have been Gilbert himself, and those arpeggios at the end (barring recording quality) sounded like the recorded version. It's not 10 because I think I heard a couple of edits (could be wrong) and the odd cock-up, and you settle nicely into improv at one point as opposed to the actual solo

Quote by webbtje
I think I heard a couple of edits (could be wrong)

Hmm, no edits, but i think i know what you're talking about.
Had to use the old laptop to record cause my new one doesn't have a firewire port, and it lags very easily.

Thanks

And improv? It was just the last lick in the solo
Meh, maybe I don't remember the song all that well. I'll change it to 9.5... if you make it worth my while, of course.

Where are the other judges?
Judge!
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Damn Buckethead_jr that was some pretty damn good stuff! (and it was the 17th fret bend on the b string after the sweeps/string skips that seemed pretty edited to me, well it's a 17th fret bend on the standard tuned tab it may be different on the Eb tuned one)
This seems to be old but I would like to give this a shot of judges are still around.