I'm gonna have some money for a few pedals, was wondering what you guys recommend. I'll have about $350, maybe $400 to spend on the whole thing.

- Dano Fish N' Chips EQ - $30
- EHX Metal Muff - $90
- EHX Holy Grail Reverb - $120
- Keeley Modded Ultra DS-1 - $120
- ISP Decimator - $120

I definitely want the Dano ($30) and the Holy Grail ($120). That leaves me with about $200-250 to work with.

I'm looking into one of the distortion pedals, not sure which one is better. I was looking into the ISP, since I get insane hum from my amp when I crank the gain (which I have to crank to 10 on the crunch channel).

If I can somehow kill the hum somehow without the pedal, I may look into a nice delay or phase pedal.
why dano? they suck ass. cheapo plastic
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
Quote by muffinman123192
^ The Fish n' Chips is actually pretty good though.

well then its the only one
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
why not get the digitech rp pedal
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Why not wait and see if you like your sound once you start messing around with the EQ pedal instead of picking up a distortion pedal? If you're confined to only the Keeley modded DS-1 and the Metal Muff, I'd go for the DS-1. The Metal Muff is thin and weak. Your XXX should be able to handle metal without a problem.

Any specific tone you're after?
Quote by jakekilgore666

Their high-end pedals aren't.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Don't buy the holy grail, its quality is mediocre at best and has some real defects, I sold mine in a week.
The price of the Holy Grail went up a few months ago, no idea why, but I wouldn't pay $120 for it. I like it, but I can't stand the hum it puts off. You seem to already be worrying about humming from your rig, maybe you should look into something else.
Quote by jakekilgore666
It's a pretty good EQ from what i've heard, and for $30, why the hell not? I dont really feel the need for a $120 MXR 10-band.
The hum is pretty bad on the amp, no idea why. The ultra channel is pretty thin, when I use my Distortion Factory, I actually get better high gain tones from that than the ultra channel, and without as much buzz.
An EQ pedal should help you sculpt and bring your amp to life. Don't worry about distortion pedals just yet, wait to see how the EQ works with your amp.
Quote by jakekilgore666

well, if it's an eq pedal, how often do you turn it off...(unless you use batteries)
Quote by Ghold125
well, if it's an eq pedal, how often do you turn it off...(unless you use batteries)

Some people use it as a lead boost.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by TJM2482
I'm gonna have some money for a few pedals, was wondering what you guys recommend. I'll have about $350, maybe $400 to spend on the whole thing.

Did you manage to sell your Ibanez S? ( if you did)

Most people who actually own Holy Grails says that they're really great and most say they have no problems with humming

EDIT: just saw on the "GG&A Awards 2007" Thread that the Holy Grail is Gabel's favorite reverb pedal.

And Gabels, like......GOD!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box