Depends on the amp. My 15 watt blues junior is incredibly loud, like I've never turned the master past 8-9 out of 12, with the volume at 4-5 . If you have the volume cranked and master up, probably like 5-6 out of 12 with a full band.

I don't know if a 5-watt could get over a full band, but it would be perfect for home practice. What would you be using the amp for?
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
5 watts in theory should be half as loud as fifty watts....
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
5 watts is loud enough for practice, too small to play any gig
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by zanz1bar
5 watts is loud enough for practice, too small to play any gig

I wouldn't say any gig, as I managed to play a pub gig with my VJ and a 2x12 cab.

It just depends on if you want to play clean at a gig
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Im getting a crate palomino 15 watt, will that be loud enough to play over a band. We play wolfmother type stuff. And I am also gonna buy a Blackheart in the near future for home practice.
5 watts will easily fill a large, house-sized (meaning not like a concert hall-sized room) room.

15 watts is a bit larger- it'd probably fill a decent-sized pub/club or similar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Im getting a crate palomino 15 watt, will that be loud enough to play over a band. We play wolfmother type stuff. And I am also gonna buy a Blackheart in the near future for home practice.

Good choice with the Palomino. My son played his school auditorium with a full band with that amp, and it didn't even break a sweat. It's great for Wolfmother type stuff, too. He plays that all the time thru his Jekyll & Hyde pedal.

I think the Blackheart would be overkill, though. Why not just use the V16 for home practice, maybe use that extra money on some pedals?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i love how this question gets asked here twice a day everyday....
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by slatsmania
I think the Blackheart would be overkill, though. Why not just use the V16 for home practice, maybe use that extra money on some pedals?

ditto. I'd have thought a 15-watter with master volume would sound better at home-practice levels than a 5-watter without one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by slatsmania
Good choice with the Palomino. My son played his school auditorium with a full band with that amp, and it didn't even break a sweat. It's great for Wolfmother type stuff, too. He plays that all the time thru his Jekyll & Hyde pedal.

I might do that, I have been looking at the Fuzz factory
5 watts is a nice amp. its perfect for a dorm room or a bedroom and you can record on it. Zeppelin recording Zep 1 on a 5 watt amp. But im not sure how'd it be live. probably never very good.
What are they tuning, a harp? - Kurt Cobain

1961 Black Strat (Fralin pickups)
///
Vintage Vox Wah V846
MJM London Fuzz
Sovtek Big Muff
Fulltone Deja Vibe
EH DDM
Boss TU-2 Tuner
///
Fender Super Reverb 4x10
if you move a bit more air with it (i.e 4x12) then you can play 200 seat places with it at a push