Ok this is a pretty noobish question, but i just wanna be sure so i dont mess up my new amp. like most tube amps it has two switches, one with on, on top and power on bottom, and one with on, on top and standby on bottom. if i want my amp to warm up the tubes i have power on and the other switch facing standby right? also, if i want the amp off i just put the power switch towards the bottom, but does it matter where the standby switch is? sorry if this is obvious, but i just dont want confusion.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
You don't need to put it on standby before turning it off, but it's a good idea so you don't to forget to do it before you turn it back on.
Quote by sashki
Turning off:
Standby first, then power a few minutes later.

This is wrong. When you turn it off, you don't need to put it on standby first. The tubes are still kept warm when you got it on standby, and they start cooling down when you turn it off.

I repeat: there's absolutely no point in leaving the amp on standby before turning it off.
Quote by sashki

Turning off:
Standby first, then power a second later.

Corrected
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yes, that extra 2 minutes of waiting will ruin your life.

*grumble*

(tho you are right)
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.