I bought a Valvetronix XL about 6 months ago, and I love it dearly but wish it has more than 1 clean setting, as I play mostly clean (I know, why the heck did I get the XL?!) and really lust after the clean AC15/AC30 tone.

So my question is: will running an AC30 mod on the Line 6 Pocket Pod through the Glass clean channel on the XL produce the nice AC30 tone I'm after, or would I be better off selling my XL and downgrading to the normal Valvetronix (I can sell the XL for the price of a new normal, so I won't be losing out!) with the AC15 mod and other nice cleans?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by beckyjc
Get the regular VT, the cleans on the normal one are far superior. No point just trying to cover it up with more modelling.

Contradicting yourself much?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
No I mean, he shouldnt just buy the pod to attempt get better cleans by covering up the weak crappy XLs cleans when he can just swap it for an amp with better cleans allready.
Quote by beckyjc
Get the regular VT, the cleans on the normal one are far superior. No point just trying to cover it up with more modelling.

+1
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Oh, I thought he played metal too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Nah, no metal (I'm she by the way). No idea why I got the XL. Thanks for the suggestions.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Sorry , could've at least mentioned it...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
yea, best bet is to get an amp you'll be happy with instead of feeding an amp you don't like with pedals and multi fx.

sounds like an regular VT will do you well enough.. if you're getting a pocket pod anyway tho, you may want to consider an amp that likes taking FX and modellers like an epiphone valve jr.

plus a nice tube amp would be a great match for the fender tele you got.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.