Hello everyone. I have a problem on stretching from the 10th fret to the 15th fret..my fingers are short. i could do the pull offs on the 13th fret no problem, but the thing with the 15th fret is that I can BARELY reach it with my pinky..and doing those pull offs fast does hurt. I have to stretch my pinky so much that my first finger thats on the tenth fret is almost on the 11th. Anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Solo:

13p10-12p10-------13p10-12p10-------13p10-12p10-------13p10-12p10-----13p10-|
------------13p10-------------13p10-------------13p10-------------13p10-----|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

15p10-13p10-------15p10-13p10-------15p10-13p10-------15p10-13p10-----15p10-|
-----------13p10-------------13p10-------------13p10-------------13p10------|

tab came out weird.. but you guys get the idea.
Last edited by Mike898 at Dec 2, 2007,
That looks like it might be tapping, which means you hammer on the fifteenth fret with your middle finger, and do a pull off using that finger. Your pointer finger should be on the tenth fret.
Disturbed's guitarist doesnt tap the 15th fret but i guess that's the only thing you can do since you can barely reach the 15th fret with your pinky
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Try planting your thumb on the bottom of the neck and bending your wrist forward. Using that technique I can stretch a lot farther than I can if my thumb is wrapped around the neck(assuming that might be the problem).
Dont mean to budge in on your thread, but I was wondering do you guys find it harder to stretch on the low e and strings towards the top of the fretboard than the lower half or am I doing something wrong. I can easily pull off on the 15 like here on the high e but can only just manage it on the low e. I assume you are meant to use your pinky to pull off with?

Alex
My stuff:

Ibanez rg321Ex
Roland Cube 15
i can almost stretch from the 10th to the 18th with my index and pinky

i dont have very big hands but my fingers are kind of long relative to my hand, but i think its all about just practicing stretching your fingers.

when im bored i do random stuff with my fingers to try to make them more coordinated like lay my hand flat on a table and try to lift each finger individually without moving the others and i also practice the major scale alot which has quite a bit of stretching on the pinky, so maybe you can try that.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
There is a quite hard stretching bit in the tornado of souls solo. Cant quite get my hands around it yet.

e|-17p10--10-15p10--10-17p10--10-15p10--10-|
B|------12--------12--------12--------12---|
G|-----------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------|
My stuff:

Ibanez rg321Ex
Roland Cube 15
Quote by AleX`G
Dont mean to budge in on your thread, but I was wondering do you guys find it harder to stretch on the low e and strings towards the top of the fretboard than the lower half or am I doing something wrong. I can easily pull off on the 15 like here on the high e but can only just manage it on the low e. I assume you are meant to use your pinky to pull off with?

Alex

not sure if i fully understand your question, but
it's usually relatively easier to play "higher" up on the fretboard (the part nearest the bridge) than lower (the part nearest the nut/headstock) because fret spacing usually decreases in size as you get closer to the bridge. So basically, it should be easier to cover more frets with your fingers higher up on the fretboard than lower.

hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. But thats not waht I meant.

I eman where you have to stretch over the fretboard to the upper strings E-A-D.
I find it harder to do large stretches closer to the bridge on those strings.
My stuff:

Ibanez rg321Ex
Roland Cube 15
Quote by silvadolla
are you able to pull off from the 14th fret? or is it shaky, too?

I can do that with my ring finger, with some stretching. It isn't exactly "comfortable" but i can pull it off.
Quote by AleX`G
There is a quite hard stretching bit in the tornado of souls solo. Cant quite get my hands around it yet.

e|-17p10--10-15p10--10-17p10--10-15p10--10-|
B|------12--------12--------12--------12---|
G|-----------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------|

Yeah, for me to pull off from the 17th fret while having my first finger on the 10th fret is impossible.