Ok, i've read through the columns on the site and they are pretty helpful. But over the last few months i've felt so uninspired, not just with writing but also with playing.

I got to a certain stage of my playing and there is definately room for improvement, but I'm finding it hard to WANT to practise. Especially in my band the writing is really demanding and it is as though it is to a strict deadline, as we're in a full-time band. Our drummer quit a few months back, even though we have a replacement it still was a bit of a punishing blow!

I've felt really down just because of this a coupla times, and I'm now trying to seek ways of getting out of this. I've come to the conclusion i've got to change my routine, but if anyone else has had the same kinda thing, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
try using a new tuning

it can bring back some of the inspiration

or if theres a song that your currently listening to a lot, try learning it
its always fun to learn songs you really like, it can help get ou out of the rut
Quote by ollievk
Ok, i've read through the columns on the site and they are pretty helpful. But over the last few months i've felt so uninspired, not just with writing but also with playing.

I got to a certain stage of my playing and there is definately room for improvement, but I'm finding it hard to WANT to practise. Especially in my band the writing is really demanding and it is as though it is to a strict deadline, as we're in a full-time band. Our drummer quit a few months back, even though we have a replacement it still was a bit of a punishing blow!

I've felt really down just because of this a coupla times, and I'm now trying to seek ways of getting out of this. I've come to the conclusion i've got to change my routine, but if anyone else has had the same kinda thing, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

It sounds like maybe your distracted by the demanding nature of your bands schedule. When I played in a band full time, I started realizing that the last thing I want to do when I get home is play the guitar. it was like all my musical energy was spent "working". Its hard to balance the work aspect of it with the pure fun / inspirational aspect.

Whether or not your issue is similar...... you will get that inspiration back. If you had it in the 1st place.... its still there. Its probably just a matter of you life situation not giving you the room you need to just be inspired and enjoy it.