Hi!

Me and my mate have a band and we have planned our first gig.

I play the guitar and have a cube 60, my mate does the vocals.
All the songs we made, are backed with drum and bass vst's (Virtual Instruments on the computer)

So my plan was to get those songs and mute the guitar/vocal track and let the bass/drum play trough the laptop while we play/sing along live at the gig.

It's just a basic HP with basic soundcard (1/8 jack)
There will probably be a PA and mics available at the venue.

Wich kind of cable will I need? Will it sound good? Will I need to be careful with phantom power or so?

Thanks!
i would recomend a presonus firebox, it wil give you very low latency audio that you can plug straight into the mixers line level input via a 1/4 inch cable, it's also good for recording
I do have a presonus Inspire for recording. But I don't see the use of it for outgoing sound?
Quote by viper_mike
i would recomend a presonus firebox, it wil give you very low latency audio that you can plug straight into the mixers line level input via a 1/4 inch cable, it's also good for recording

Latency doesn't matter for this application. He will just mix his backing tracks down to a wav file and play it back with winamp or something. Just get an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, the sound guy will most definitely have inputs of that size. No, you do not need phantom power, that is only for condenser microphones.

If you have enough time, though, get a drummer.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
for live gigs, i would reccomend getting a boss loopstation or something of the like.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Muphin
Just get an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, the sound guy will most definitely have inputs of that size.

How would this result in quailty of the sound?
Quote by Thomas V
How would this result in quailty of the sound?

The cable doesn't really affect the sound, as long as it's in tact and the circuit isn't breaking inside the wire.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation