i'm like an intermediate strat player who wants to try bass
i've had my friend's bass for a week and I really liked it, so i thought i should get one for myself...

well, my current buget is like 250 bucks, and i'm looking for a fine beginner's bass
like i said, my friend's bass was awesome, but it was ilke 600 bucks Cort bass... which i can't really afford

anyone have a suggestion for me???
I would say a Ibanez GSR 200

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GSR200-4-String-Bass-100463976-i1150632.gc

Really nice begginer bass, I like it better than some $300 basses I have played.

But then again that was a Gothic Thunderbird
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I would say a Ibanez GSR 200

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GSR200-4-String-Bass-100463976-i1150632.gc

Really nice begginer bass, I like it better than some $300 basses I have played.

But then again that was a Gothic Thunderbird

Thunderbird... *shudder*

Anyways, Threadstarter, the Ibanez GSR is excellent, and will last you a long time.

You should also look into the Squier Vintage Modified series - don't be put off by the Squier name, as this line of basses is excellent.

Squier VM Jazz

Squier VM Precision
Quote by Charlatan_001
Thunderbird... *shudder*

Anyways, Threadstarter, the Ibanez GSR is excellent, and will last you a long time.

You should also look into the Squier Vintage Modified series - don't be put off by the Squier name, as this line of basses is excellent.

Squier VM Jazz

Squier VM Precision

is there any cheaper Squier basses that are pretty good?
cause all the vintage modified ones are like 280... a little above my buget
All squires are pretty good. It's just quality control falls, so there are more bad ones in the lower series. My affinity is great, but I have played some abismal ones. Go to a shop and try the one you want to buy first, then you can see if it's a good or bad one, so you can either buy it or go to another shop.

Also, remember that a bass will slowly destroy a guitar amp. If you have one, I apologise, but if not, consider saving $80 more to get a half decent amp (just not Behringer).

A $100 bass amo can sound better than a $1000 guitar amp with a bass played through it. One of the exceptions being Behringer (as in, almost impossible to get worse).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by thelax
is there any cheaper Squier basses that are pretty good?
cause all the vintage modified ones are like 280... a little above my buget

Just like jack said, all Squiers are pretty decent, but those VM ones are seriously great for the price.

Just look on Musiciansfriend... don't need us to lead you by the hand