Page 1 of 2
Ok, so here's the problem. My band, which consists of me, my brother, and my cousin is run by my uncle. He lets us use his shed, which has a drumset, amps, a ****load of other stuff, and a midi pedal with a BUNCH of effects. He won't let me use any of it, so i have to carry my amp, guitar, and pedals over there every time we practice. And i cant drive, so i have to carry it about 50 yards by hand. Also, i have to carry my brother's bass and bass amp. My cousin thinks he's in charge of the whole band because his dad has this shed. So, i bring up some songs i want to play. I suggest Cemetery Gates. Drummer(cousin) says "nope" so end of discussion, we're not playing it. I try something different. I suggest One by Metallica. "Nope." So thats two of my songs shot down for no reason. I ask why he wont play it and he says "I'm not playing any of that stupid old metal bull****, and that's the end of it" I feel like breaking his neck right now, so i ask what HE wants to play. He says stuff like 3 Days Grace, 3 Doors Down. I say "well, i dont really like that genre, can we play some of my stuff?" He says nope and walks out. So, i'm waiting in the shed playing my guitar. He went and got his dad. His dad said we have to play each other's stuff. I tell him what his son's been telling me. He says we have to agree on some stuff. My cousin agrees to play some of my lightest stuff. So, a few days later we all get together, uncle included and i ask about some pantera, Metallica, and AC/DC. My uncle says no to all those. He said pantera is something no one wants to hear, metallica is too hard(bull****) and that no one could sing like AC/DC. So my cousin asks about some of these mainstream faggy bands and my uncle says we can play them all. I've tried quitting before, but as soon as i do, they go complain and my uncle comes back and says im being a bitch about it and i have to be simple. So i tell my band that i'll play lighter stuff with them and form a band with some of my metalhead friends for heavy stuff. So i get a call from my drummer and he says im a stupid fucker and that i'm either going to be in his band or none. So i tell him to shut up, and i hang up.

Should i quit for good? Rough it out with assbags?
(If i see a tl;dr, someone is dying)
When all else fails, ask the pit.
too long
didn't read
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
*Long wall of text scores a critical hit for 989635648 damage!*
*You die.*

EDIT: Ok I just read it. You need to leave. For good.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Miggy01
too long
didn't read

dont post then

id leave, they cant be great musicians if they are unwilling to branch out and try other genres other than their own. how else do you expand and learn
Last edited by TheHereAway at Dec 2, 2007,
Get out of there.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
bandleading forum, ho

and quit, also.

i would fo sho.

wow, im talking rather a lot like mr. T tonight
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Just quit. Don't be in a band that you hate. easy as that. Tell your cousin and uncle to find someone else, you dont need that shiite
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Tell them to **** off. Why are you putting up with this?
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Drop the band. There is enough ****ty things in life you have to put up with. You can choose to be in a band with people you like.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Leave, that's just pure idiocy. Music should be fun, you're obviously in the wrong band. Go find some real musicians!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Your taking this way to seriously for a cover band...
I say quit and find some guys to jam with who have similar music taste
Bass Player
Quote by TheHereAway
dont post then

id leave, they cant be great musicians if they are unwilling to branch out and try other genres other than their own. how else do you expand and learn

I was just trying to irritate the TS because he specifically said not to post that.

Just leave the band, it's not going in the same direction that you are.
It's not like you need the equipment (he doesn't let you use it).
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
quit for good. who cares if your uncle and your cousin think you're a douche. its really ****ty of them to try and make you play something. if they think metallica is too hard and pantera is something nobody wants to hear(which i don't understand, being from the same city as them) then say **** it to them. what's your uncle gonna do?

my drummer is in 2 bands, and i have no problem. so find another band. please.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
quit. there's no reason to be in that band at all. this is a no brainer.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Miggy01
I was just trying to irritate the TS because he specifically said not to post that.

Just leave the band, it's not going in the same direction that you are.
It's not like you need the equipment (he doesn't let you use it).

oh sorry, i thought "tl;dr" was just gibberish i didnt understand it
sounds like u need a new drummer. Or compromise. I dont think a drummer should have that much say in what u guys play, unless he cant play the songs. Then i think he needs to practice and get better. The only thing ur uncle is doing for u is providing a practice space. so unless u cant find a new practice space or new drummer, u and ur brother are better off with some1 who has similar music tastes.
Find another band and quit the family ****
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
I'd quit, or talk to them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
quit the band for good. Mind if i ask what "tl;dr" is?
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
Quit, leave, it's definitely not worth it.

I'd never be in a band consisting of my family members, even though we all can play at least one instrument.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I don't see anything good coming from compromising yourself and your music just to play with other people. If they're not open to your music, they aren't worth it. It's not like you're really missing anything, right? Yeah, he's your cousin and whatever, and you gotta respect family, but that doesn't mean you need to kiss his ass. Tell him that it's not worth the trouble, and that it's best if you just stayed with your own music.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Oh and another thing, we decided to write an original song. We had the whole thing worked out except for lyrics. My cousin, who is also lead singer while playing drums, said the song is going to be about a girl. I said why do that when we could have a storyline like Dream Theater's "Finally Free" he said the song was going to be about a girl because he wanted it to be. Also, i wanted to play Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison. He agreed, and i offered to sing it, because his voice wouldnt really fit it. He told me hell no, i have enough attention because i'm lead guitarist, he wanted attention.
Well...to be fair, you're both pretty much in the wrong. You've discarded his ideas just as easily as he's discarded yours. Work it out, or leave. Whichever.

A band is about compromise. So learn to. Or actually play some originals instead.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Oh and another thing, we decided to write an original song. We had the whole thing worked out except for lyrics. My cousin, who is also lead singer while playing drums, said the song is going to be about a girl. I said why do that when we could have a storyline like Dream Theater's "Finally Free" he said the song was going to be about a girl because he wanted it to be. Also, i wanted to play Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison. He agreed, and i offered to sing it, because his voice wouldnt really fit it. He told me hell no, i have enough attention because i'm lead guitarist, he wanted attention.

Oh for gods sake, grow up. If you want a song to be like another song, cover it. He obviously feels most comfortable writing about "a girl" as you put it. Let him be.

EDIT: Sorry bout double post, but I don't know how to get a quote into a post thats already there
Very immature. What are you 12?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by gallagher2006
Oh for gods sake, grow up. If you want a song to be like another song, cover it. He obviously feels most comfortable writing about "a girl" as you put it. Let him be.

EDIT: Sorry bout double post, but I don't know how to get a quote into a post thats already there

no, he wants EVERY song to be about a girl. i composed a cool lick and he said we'd use it but the song was going to be about a girl. i didnt mean have the same exact storyline, i mean just have a meaning other than us all sucking up to his girlfriend
Quote by gallagher2006

Use "
Quote by USER HERE
" tags.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by I-Watch-Anime

ure cousin sounds like a tosser! Quit the band!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Tell that fag to shove it and get into a fistfight with him. then light your uncle's shed on fire
██████████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2