Does anyone know a recording program that u can use to get rid of static????
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Well,I dont really think that has anything to do with the program. Its probably whatever you're using to record with(mixer, mic , computer). If there's static in places where there should be silence you Audacity has a thing where you can just generate silence.
yeah, i do have a ****ty recording program, and it is a crap mic, but isn't there some kind of program that you can get rid of the static over the song????
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
yeah, i would if i had about 200 dollars to spend. but my only source of money is a paper route that i get about $20 a month for. So I'm pretty much screwed, right?
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
step 1: take headphone jack out of my moms van.( fits perfectly into jack)
step 2: plug speakers into said jack
step 3: CRANK THE VOLUME!(it's quiet)
step 4:place said crap microphone next to quiet speakers
step 5: record onto Audacity™
step 6: post on forum about my sob-story.
step 7: wait for fellow UG'ers to post on my sob-story.
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
hmmm.. didnt think of that.... Thanks!
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
dont work!! doesnt even get sound, now...
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
could i get rid of the static by using Sony Acid 6?
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Man, the only way you can get rid of that bad noise is upgrading your recording procedure and gear, there is no program that will get rid of it without damaging the sound, the program doesn't really matter that much, Audacity is a great program, the reason people don't like it is because 1)it's free so that makes it worse somehow 2) it doesn't have more advanced things that professional music requires.
Step 1: Get a job (This is to pay for beer)
Step 2: Connect your guitar to your PC's line-input jack.
Step 3: Look for some guitar amp modeling software on google.
Step 4: Use said modeling software to make your guitar sound decent.
Step 5: Record.
Step 6: Buy some decent gear. It'll cost you more than $200 though.

Quote by The guy above me
Audacity is a great program, the reason people don't like it is because 1)it's free so that makes it worse somehow 2) it doesn't have more advanced things that professional music requires.

Why use Audacity when you can use Ardour, which is even more free?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Audacity does have a noise removal tool, and while you'll lose some quality, if you know how to use it properly you can probably make it sound better than it does now.
Audacity has a noise removal function but I find it really messes with the audio quite a bit. Basically you take a recording about 4-6 seconds long of just the noise...then using audacity allow it to hear the noise and then select the rest of the track and say "remove noise". It does remove the noise quite well but as I said before, it really tends to mess with the audio quality.

It's best to get a great sound from the start compared to trying to fix it in post production.........

save your money, get a nice interface and mic and you will have much better results.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 3, 2007,
the Noise Removal feature can work really well, or it can suck balls. It really depends on what the noise is like that you're trying to remove, and how you use it. If you use it on its most extreme setting it'll sound like **** every time. However, if you use it more subtly, you can achieve somewhat more desirable results. Of course it's best to get a good quality signal in the first place, but with no-budget recordings, that's not always doable.