SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS

well im upgrading my les paul but ive actually never found out what type it is...

its an epiphone les paul it is alpine white and has dotted inlays. The fretboard is rosewood and on the back it has a metal plate that says epiphone company made in korea. Now i would think that is is a LP special but the neck pickup has a black binding aound it liek a rectangle that goes around the pup. but the bridge has a gold like yellowish one, all the hardware is

can anyone tell me what this is?
Last edited by conquistador at Dec 3, 2007,
Um, it's just a LP special w/ a changed pup ring. No biggie. It could be a LP 100, actually, because they have dot inlays, and no binding.
DIO FOREVER
Quote by conquistador
sorry i dont have pictures guys i wont be able to post them until later tonight.

well im upgrading my les paul but ive actually never found out what type it is...

its an epiphone les paul it is alpine white and has dotted inlays. The fretboard is rosewood and on the back it has a metal plate that says epiphone company made in korea. Now i would think that is is a LP special but the neck pickup has a black binding aound it liek a rectangle that goes around the pup. but the bridge has a gold like yellowish one, all the hardware is

can anyone tell me what this is?

LP Special II?

LP Special II with zebra pickups?

LP Studio FR?

I know none of these guitars completely match the description, but at least it might refresh your memory.

Anyway, a few questions:

-was this guitar new?

-was it completely stock? (normally pickup rings match)

-what price range are we talking about? (customs are the only ones I can think of with gold hardware, but they don't have dot inlays)
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
The special is flat on the front, the 100 has a arched top. And its going to be a bolt neck as he said it had a plate on the back.
hmm for some reason on my first post it didnt show up but all the hardware is chrome.

there are 4 knobs and the pickup selecter is on the part with no cutaway so it isnt a special 2...

and i dont know price range because i got it from my step bro for like 75$
Quote by conquistador
hmm for some reason on my first post it didnt show up but all the hardware is chrome.

there are 4 knobs and the pickup selecter is on the part with no cutaway so it isnt a special 2...

and i dont know price range because i got it from my step bro for like 75$

LP Studio, perhaps?

On the other hand, a studio has a set neck...

This one has the right top, but no humbuckers nor a white finish:

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 2, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap

LP Studio, perhaps?

On the other hand, a studio has a set neck...

This one has the right top, but no humbuckers nor a white finish:

yea those dont work either because the headstock says epiphone in white and there is no signature, just a truss rod cover that says GIBSON.

tuners are chrome as well
once i get some pictures on here im sure it will get much easier but thats gonna be awhile
I'm still very tempted to say LP-100:

-It has the right headstock (some 100s don't have the "Les Paul" signature"):

-It has the right electronics and knob lay-out:

-It has a bolt on neck.

Also look at this 1995 LP 100 in alpine white:

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 3, 2007,