i have a maton em-225c guitar and i'm getting fret buzzing issues that originally werent there. i know the problem came from me wanting to use d'addario EJ17 (.013 to .056) from the EJ15 (.010 to .047)

i know about raising the action and setting the intonation for my electric guitar (tune-o-matic bridge) but how do u modify the action of this semi acoustic of mine? should i adjust the truss rod? i noticed the saddle has 2 hexagonal screws, will that raise the action of the guitar?

those r my questions, its ur turn to give me the answers

cheers
A truss rod adjustment might be in order. If you don't want to do it yourself any guitar shop that has a tech around will gladly do it for you for around $20.
why is it that the guitar techs around here all charge 50 or 60 dollars? is that normal for a set up? for that money I could buy a new neck and a set of strings so I always look at them like they're crazy and then they return the favor. I'm thinking of just learning how they do it all and opening a rival guitar shop that does everything for half price
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by cick13
A truss rod adjustment might be in order. If you don't want to do it yourself any guitar shop that has a tech around will gladly do it for you for around $20.

hm... i had a feeling it would need that.

is there any way i can do it myself if i purchased the correct tools. i understand that doing major adjustments to the truss rod can damage the guitar big time. also would there be any way i can maintain an action close to that as i have now (obviously without the fret buzzing) or would it change the action drastically?
All it takes is the right Allen Wrench and the know how. I don't think you could screw anything up as long as you're extra careful and do some research.