hey. my amp, a valvestate 8020, i bought it in second hand, and it has some problems with the knobs, sometimes they make noise while turning, and i think some of them arent working well, i dont even know if it is because of the knob, but one day i was turning the volume knob to 0, and it still was making sound, so i guess something isnt working good, can you help me?
no way
Lulz at the title...
I think it can sometimes be caused by dirt or dust on the electronics, not 100% though.
turn them from all the way down to all the way up a couple of times in a row. If that ain't the problem, use some of the stuff you use to keep the chain of your bike runnin' (don't know how it's called in english, i'm a dutchy, so :P )
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Aplanken
turn them from all the way down to all the way up a couple of times in a row. If that ain't the problem, use some of the stuff you use to keep the chain of your bike runnin' (don't know how it's called in english, i'm a dutchy, so :P )

wd-40
No, you want contact cleaner not WD-40.

Spray a bit in the pots (there should be a small hole near the bottom) and turn them around a bit. If this does not do anything then I would replace the pots.

Excess noise good be cause by a bad joint. You might need to do some some soldering.

I would not try any of this yourself if you are not experienced with tube amps. You can die from them if you are not careful.