Hi all,

Well, I'm 18 soon and I'm looking into finally getting a valve amp.

Its my 18th on Thursday, and with the money from that I'd should hopefully be getting some variety of MIM Tele, but I'm keen to shop around, maybe an Epi Les Paul custom.

Anyhow. I'm looking to sell my 6 string fretless bass (PM if interested, Washburn XB600 MIA - Sensible offers over £400) and current crap spider II in order to get a valve amp.

Now I'm looking for something 'modern', as in modern levels of gain. I'm into Mogwai, Placebo, Muse, Radiohead (So I need good cleans), Foo Fighters, Fightstar, Blink 182, Angels And Airwaves, Taking Back Sunday and I also play a few sessions, so I need flexibility.

The obvious choice seems to be a JCM 2000 DSL, but surely theres alternetives? (Budget around £550, I might be able to stretch to more, and a head + 2x12 would be lovely, I'm also not afraid of going used.)

I really like the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but will it stretch to those levels of gain?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko

I really like the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but will it stretch to those levels of gain?

no
dude.......
check out some ENGLs and Laneys. The Laney VC30 is amazing
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Pedricko

Not unless you get pedals.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Yeah I was checking out the VH100R, but its quite out of my range, and all Engls seem to share EQ's, whice I'm not cool with.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!