When I try to record a song, when I am playing it, it sounds just fine to me. But when I play it back, it is way to fast and sounds like crap. I have to keep telling my self to play way slower than I think I should for it to sound good. What can I do to make myself slow down?
If you have Guitar Pro, then slow the song down and play along until you can play it painfully slow....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
metronome.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by ikky_slimy_bugs
sometimes when u record the playback is faster than the recording so check for that

what program have you been using?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
learn the song again, but learn every riff slowly and work ur way up to speed

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by deafening
learn the song again, but learn every riff slowly and work ur way up to speed

Thats not my problem, I play faster than the song should be without thinking about it. And then when I hear myself I think "Did I really play it THAT fast?" But when I am playing it seems like the right speed in my head.

EDIT: Oh never mind. I see how that could work.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Dec 2, 2007,
google 'free metranome' believe me, there are pleanty of them
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
not to simply repeat everybody else, but getting a metronome is crucial. It will really help with your timing, and soon you will be able to recognize what proper tempo sounds like. Another thing to try is to play along with the music. Plug your ipod or cd player into a set of good speakers, and play along to get a feel for the timing. Hope this helps!