With reference to the thread title, that's what I dont ever want to do.

To avoid that, I got the Dunlop Strap Locks.

I have a Fender Strat, & one this is i dont know how to install these strap locks! im scared that i'd make a mistake & screw up my guitar.

It's not the part where you put the straplock to the guitar strap, but actually screwing the other half into the guitar.

Any help?
I got these plastic strap locks that NEVER come off, but can be taken off in an easy 5 seconds, and put back on in an easy 2 seconds.

Should gotten those, doesn't take skill to use. I don't know how I can help you here.
you unscrew it, and screw it back in, pretty simple, theres no way you can mess it up
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
Yeah just take it to the shop, thats what I did, they won't charge you for screwing and unscrewing two bolts and they'll probably even show you how to put them on the strap.

I personally use these strap-locks and highly recommend them! They can hold up 300lbs, apparently!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
unscrew the original strap holder thingie

and screw in the new one

then tighten the clamp thing around your strap after putting it on the guitar
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
you screw the back into the guitar as a normal strap button

then, you put the strap

then you screw the top over it

and that's it

if you have a good strap, you'll probably never need a strap lock
should have gotten the schallers. Just use the original screws to advoid stripping. If nessesary, you may need to use a drill to alter the size of the hole on the lock.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I got these plastic strap locks that NEVER come off, but can be taken off in an easy 5 seconds, and put back on in an easy 2 seconds.

Should gotten those, doesn't take skill to use. I don't know how I can help you here.

Where would you happen to find these magical strap locks that you speak of?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
So are you just trying to get attention when you misspell "they're"?
Or are you just a girl?

Quote by Surak

How about punching him in the face? You just let him touch your goods? What's wrong with you? Unless you like it of course, but that's another matter
Quote by SG Man Forever
should have gotten the schallers. Just use the original screws to advoid stripping. If nessesary, you may need to use a drill to alter the size of the hole on the lock.

that's what i was hoping not to do, not drilling anything.
i got dunlops for all my guitars, i just follow the directions on the package exactly, and be careful
Some brands of the strap locks use a smaller size screw than is used for the regular buttons. So if iits loose now it will be even worse. The little plastic ones work pretty good. You can buy about 5 or 6 of em for the price of a set of strap locks.