Hey guys!

First off, I have to give this board props for all the help it has given me with finding the right equipment on my way to becoming a better player.

I need some advice for my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. I have another guitar that does the metal sound, so I was hoping to replace the EMGs with something that would be more versatile and better suited to a classic rock sound. I was hoping that since the Hellraiser is a mahogany body, it would be easier to get non-metal tones out of it than something like a Dean Razorback.

Anyway, what pickups would you recommend? I was thinking about the Burstbucker for the bridge, and a Dimarzio Air Norton for the neck. The Burstbucker is expensive, but it seemed like a good way to get a more "Les Paul" sound out the Hellraiser. I've heard lots of good things about the Air Norton.

Also, which Burstbucker (1, 2, or 3) would be the best bet? Is the difference between the gold and nickel Burstbuckers simply cosmetic, or does the gold Burstbucket perform better?

Thanks
I heard the burstbucker is rather sharp and unpleasant sounding, too trebly. But, the guitar is made out of mahogany....

I'm putting gibson 57 classics in my epi, check those out maybe.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
If you want to "Les Paulify" a guitar's tone then stick a pair of Dimarzio Breeds in it, remember that Burstbuckers are designed to sound good in Gibson guitars, something like a Breed is specifically designed to compensate for those Gibsonesque qualities that other guitars may be lacking.

Skip the Air Norton, I don't think you'll like it at all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks. How "advanced" are the Breed pickups? I've tried to Evolution before, and those pickups were just too sensitive for someone with 1 1/2 years experience.
They're nowhere near as unforgiving as Evos...to be honest I don't find them unforgiving at all and I'm hella sloppy
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com