ive been looking into getting a cab for christmas. im planning on buying a evj or blackheart head to go along with it i can also use it with my VK and another benefit is that i can upgrade to a better head once i get some $$$. i want an orange but theyre just to pricey. i like how the vox's look but something tells me a cheap vox will be a really bad buy...
anyways anyone have some recommendations?

edit: ill be playing rock to metal. id like something with nice cleans though.
Last edited by leeej at Dec 2, 2007,
I have heard nothing but great things about avatar cabs. If you are a handy man and can build stuff easily, you could build your own and save some cash. There is the Marshall 212. I can't remember the exact name but it is not the MG or AVT cab.

Edit: The Marshall I mentioned called the MC212
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Dec 2, 2007,
no. Get an avatar cabinet. I have a 2x12 avatar cab loaded with a Celestion V30 and a Celestion G12H30. It's incredible. Extreme quality, VERY sturdy (I can stand on it), easy to add wheels too if necessary, and incredibly beautiful.
Even more amazingly is that I got it for $300.
oo sounds great ill look into right now
any others?
i just realized that orange cabs are like 575 online and i could probably haggle it down
anyone have experience with the 2x12 orange?
well I have an orange tiny terror and I think it sounds just as good through my avatar 212 than it did through the orange 112. Never tried orange 212 though.
wow i just looked at the avatar website and they have exactlywhat i want. the blonde/black g212 looks amazing.
considering what i play should i go with 2 v30's or one v'30 and a g12h30?
Well, the Orange 212 has 2 V30s, and they handle rock/metal fine. They are pretty versatile as well. Can't go wrong with V30s!
I suggest going on ebay though. That's what I did. I actually got my avatar 212 for 270+30 shipping. If I bought it from avatarspeakers.com it would have been 300+30 shipping. And on ebay just search for "avatar" and you can buy brand new cabs directly from avatarspeakers, but there are bargains. It's just a way avatarspeakers gets you to "buy now and save", but if your buying one anyways like I was, its a good way to save 30-50 bucks
thanks for the advise. but i probably will just end up getting it foom the site. any sound clips? cant seem to find it on their website
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
uh nooooooo

Have you done that before?

Didn't think so.

That's what I did, and it sounds absolutely fantastic.
It only cost me $250, and it sounds just as good as any other 2x12 I've tried.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

SOUND MASTER - STRIKER 12" no name speaker? particle board, which is low quality?

+1 on avatar
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Dec 3, 2007,