Ok, here goes. Im looking for a good quality new or used amp for around 400-600 bucks. I listen to mostly heavier music, such as metallica, soilwork, scar symmetry, trivium, etc... but I like to play a variety of music, distorted and clean, not just metal. I have a les paul with EMG active pickups. I once was foolish and Bought a Johnson modeling amp which I absolutey despise...I would rather have an amp that can do 2 or 3 things well than something that tries to do everything half-ass.

What recommendations does the community have? I really dont know a whole lot about quality amps in this price range. Im looking for something with some good chunk and oomph, but I dont need anything that shakes down the walls, while at the same time having a decent clean tone. Picky I know, but is there anything in my pricerange??? I dont gig and I usually play in my room, but I need something that can hold its own during band practice without feedbacking to hell and back. Any suggestions is GREATLY appreciated
Vox Valvetronix series.
roland cube
Crate Palomino
Peavey Valveking
B-52
Vox AC series

all are pretty good amps the last 4 are tube amps.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.