alright i'm selling all my guitar related items for a bass (that's right, i'll proobably be grooving before the end of this year )

i'm selling my guitar and amp for $100 but that's not what i'm here for.

i'm trading my Digitech RP250 for a used pretty huge bass amp.
(only thing i'll miss about that is the drum and metronome tracks)

but the thing is:
1. very old (not too sure)
2. my friend has used it as a guitar amp

so the question is, so far, will these two factors affect the quality of the amp?
i'm looking for a good amp that will be able to handle huge watts, probably 100 watts is good but i'm just looking for advice.

i texted my friend to let me know the name and wattage and an estimate on how old the amp will be but what do you guys think. good deal?
slight twist, shivering corpse
ornated with water, fills the cracks
clasped in my limbs by tradition
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED

"to be great is to be misunderstood."

- ralph waldo emerson
1. Shouldnt matter unless the stuff is dying, ripped speaker cone, case falling apart etc.
2. wont. not at all. Basses kill guitar amps, not vice versa.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
oh yeah, i guess i'm still in guitar mode >.<

i was hoping for a 100 watt because for a guitar amp, that's pretty loud already, and i forgot the fact that even if high and low frequencies are at the same volume level, you can always here the highest (guitar) more than the lowest (bass)

and as the for amp, my friend says it's a Yamaha AR 2500 Bass Amp.
i tried looking for information on it online and nothing, and i guess that says a lot on how old that thing is.

i wouldn't know, so anybody tried that out before? how is it? (the reason i'm not trying it out because i don't have a bass yet and neither does he)
slight twist, shivering corpse
ornated with water, fills the cracks
clasped in my limbs by tradition
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED

"to be great is to be misunderstood."

- ralph waldo emerson
Josh Homme uses, or at least used Ampeg, I heard its bad for them but it shouldn't matter unless he was really cranking it up regularly with a bass.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.