Yeah.. may seem pretty silly.. But really, how heavy (in kilograms) can an acoustic guitar be?

Like, what's the average weight of an acoustic guitar? I kinda' need the numbers to calculate how much money would I spend on shipping to my country...

Thanks in advance
well on something like that it may go by size rather then weight
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
So, is that what it will weigh when it's shipped. Is it shipped in some box or anything. I'm really new to this...

EDIT: 1.43 pounds is 0.65 kilograms. Is it that light? or is white falcon119's guitar that heavy?
Last edited by Roookie at Dec 3, 2007,
Well, all I know is my electric weighs more than my acoustic soo...
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Well, when it's shipped, what container is it placed in? Is it like a heavy box or something?
Depending if the guitar is in a case and how much packing material is used, the box could weigh as much 13.6kg(30 pounds), maybe more.
Are you talking about physical weight or volumetric weight?
If you're using a courier, they probably will charge you by the volumetric weight (50lb / 23Kg) than the physical, cause is much more higher.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
average weight for just a guitar will be between 3 and 5 kilograms depending on if it is an acoustic-electric and what body the guitar is.

as some others have said, a guitar and case packaged for shipping could weigh upwards of 13-18 kilograms.
id guess that my guitar is around 3-5 kilos. i doubt mine weighs 5 kilos though... thats what? 11 pounds? mine is a Art & Lutherie Cedar CW with Q1 electronics.. its a dreadnaught.
Mine has a freighter anchor attatched on the back, and is completely covered, and filled with lead. Right now, there's two planets the size of Jupiter on it. So

About 45 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 365 674 867.45