Im getting a wah at the end of the month when Im getting my paycheck. Should I get the digitech or boss? The digitech is easier to use, has a strong sound and sounds better to me, but there's just something crappy about digital effects that the shopkeeper was telling me about but I wasn't listening. The boss has the vowel feature, but to me sounds dull, and you can't do the Bootsy Collins 'push strings on to pickups' to make that splashing sound but it's analog.
What do you guys think?
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
i'm having trouble understanding whats going on exactly, but just in case you're getting an AUTOWAH... don't. get a real wah. autowah is garbage and no fun to play with.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Thanks for coming in here and telling me to get something else when I want an autowah!
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Q-tron FTW!!! (the one Bootsy uses I believe)

Seriously, it is 'the' envelope filter. Very few come close to the sound it makes.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Haha! Man, I wish I even could see a Q-tron.
I've only seen Q-tron +, and it's 3 hundred bucks here.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by shotbythepope
Haha! Man, I wish I even could see a Q-tron.
I've only seen Q-tron +, and it's 3 hundred bucks here.

E-bay.

And the Q-tron plus is an improved version of the Q-tron, which I'm going for.

Expensive yes.

Is there anything like it? No.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Between those two, get the Digitech.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
If you cant remember what he was saying than it most likely wasn't important. Get the Digitech. I own one of their chorus pedals and its great. I assume their synth wah would be nice also.
the digitech has 2 different vowel sounds

the digitech is generally good for square wave sounds, which don't really come close to the sound of the DOD or Q-tron
I have a Digitech Synth Wah its great for.....well filters and different synths....but the envelope has no balls behind it. I'm going to get a BOSS Bss synthesiser and buy and expression pedal.....a 'Manual Envelope' ......But, there is also the Q-Tron.......
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
i prefer analogue pedals purely goes they are normally not mass produced and have alot more detail and uniqueness to them then your standard Boss or Digitech pedal. I too want to get a synth bass pedal, be it a evenlope filter or an actual synth but still, Chuck Systems really have got it sussed with their pedals, i defo want one, but can't be assed to get it shipped from DownUnder xox
Thanks. I'll be getting the Digitech, if not Q Tron + if I have enough (Im getting a new pickup too). They're selling old DOD pedals too. Should I get the chorus? These pedals are really old too. They have a pedal thats an electronic tuner itself. Haha.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Who cares if it's digital or analog? Pick the one that sounds better.
Quote by gm jack
Q-tron FTW!!! (the one Bootsy uses I believe)

Seriously, it is 'the' envelope filter. Very few come close to the sound it makes.

Envelope filter != Autowah
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2