Ok Here's the deal. I have a Schecter C-1 Classic and it came stock with a JB, which doesn't sound bad, it's just not for me. So I'm looking for a nice bridge pickup to replace it. I want it to be fairly high gain but still have nice and/or usable cleans, a well rounded tone without too much of any one frequency, punchy, and just an overall good tone for lead. I can't afford BK (I live in the states so $180 for a pup isn't going to work), so I'm considering:
Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom
Seymour Duncan Distortion
Dimarzio Super Distortion

What do you guys think?
My guitar is Mahogany and I'm running it into a Mesa Rectoverb Combo. I play mainly Math-rock, Assorted Metal, Psychedelic rock, and Progressive rock. My budget is about $100.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Last edited by omarrodrigez at Dec 3, 2007,
maybe the custom custom.
That's the only one i've had experience with.
And what the heck is math-rock?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, I'd suggest a Screamin' Demon (SH-12). It has a glassy sound when backed off, and isn't nearly as muddy as any other pickup, the articulation is real nice when distorted - this is probably because, despite the name, it is a medium output pickup. look on ebay used. You won't be disappointed in it!
Quote by darkarbiter7
And what the heck is math-rock?

Taken from wikipedia:
Math rock is a style of experimental rock music that emerged in the late 1980s. It is characterised by complex, atypical rhythmic structures, stop/start dynamics and angular, dissonant riffs.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
i believe it is people with calculators playing instruments, correct me if im wrong
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
dimarzio PAF pro. not super high output, but it will work well with your recto. pretty balanced sounding. good cleans.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
i believe it is people with calculators playing instruments, correct me if im wrong

Well us math-rockers need calculators to make sure all of the 17 time signatures we use per song resolve correctly.

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

+1
Allll right, I get it now.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I say go for the Custom Custom. It's a decent pickup for heavier tones and one of the better Duncan pickups in my opinion. Just out of interest, what's in the neck position?
Quote by Denthúl
I say go for the Custom Custom. It's a decent pickup for heavier tones and one of the better Duncan pickups in my opinion. Just out of interest, what's in the neck position?

A Duncan Jazz, which is amazing for thick cleans and bluesy OD, but not so much for heavy tones.

Quote by TMVolta19
Ah. Not a pickup I like too much myself, but I've come across a lot of people who like it, which is certainly good.
Quote by Denthúl
Ah. Not a pickup I like too much myself, but I've come across a lot of people who like it, which is certainly good.

Yeah, it's all in opinion. It's certainly not the best I've tried, and I'll probably replace it eventually, but it works great for now.

Quote by TMVolta19
Dimarzo Steves' Special might well be worth having a look at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com