I have an Epiphone Les paul Special 2 (i know shoot me first guitar =[), and it has the pickups where theyre like humbucker shape right, but only one have of them have magnets. And I read somewhere around here that if i rotate them it will make my guitar sound different. Will it?
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
yes... if you have heard peter greens bouncy sound off his les paul it gives that sound.... its called relevrse polarising the pickups
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
i thought pups were boobs.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by jammin24
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by jammin24

Ones that you'll never see.

SHIZZAM.

EDIT: What did you mean by his bouncy tone? That explains pretty much nothing.
Last edited by Baboom at Dec 3, 2007,
If you reverse one of the pickups they become out of phase which gives a slightly different tone. It doesn't matter if the pickup looks like it has no magnets; it does, trust me, they're just covered.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you reverse one of the pickups they become out of phase which gives a slightly different tone. It doesn't matter if the pickup looks like it has no magnets; it does, trust me, they're just covered.

Covered with screws?
Screws, metal plastic, whatever, if you look at different kinds of pickups they come in all sorts of different styles: standard bobbins without covers that have 12 pole-pieces; covered humbuckers like the ones on a les paul with 6 pole pieces or some like EMGs or Tony Iommi's signature pickups that have no visible pole pieces at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.