I got a problem here. When I put my MXR 10 band EQ in my FX loop, and I turn my gain up on my EQ. At low volumes it's fine and I get a nice gain sound out of it. But when I turn my amp's master volume up with the gain on my EQ on max, it starts to make a REALLY weird sound, I get LOTS of feedback with this motorcycle kind of sound and it won't stop until I turn it down. Any solutions? I got my noise reduction after my EQ.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Your profile won't show...

Sounds like you're just putting too much gain one because of the EQ. Especially as you're cranking the power tubes when you turn it up.

I'm no expert, but that's my guess.
Quote by webbtje
Your profile won't show...

Sounds like you're just putting too much gain one because of the EQ. Especially as you're cranking the power tubes when you turn it up.

I'm no expert, but that's my guess.

Yea I know... because of the ë in my name. And they won't change it I guess.
Anyway, is it possible to put too much gain on my powertubes? Since the JCM800 isn't the highest gain amp out there.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
I don't know, maybe you don't have the cables in all the way or something? I tried using a mono cable when i was supposed to use a stereo cable and it made that same motorcycle noise really loud and freaked me out lol.